CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

The Chikara board has been a source of great entertainment for me this week. I've not bought a DVD or iPPV for some time but always follow the results and storylines on Twitter, YouTube and the forums so reading about the end of the show angle on Monday had me intrigued.

Not long after the show ended there were rumours of fights and rioting (RIOTING! :confused: ) which, by the time I'd finished work, turned out to be one fan breaking a window on his way out and Green Lantern Fan (who has a reputation of some kind I gather) refusing to leave the lobby unless he was refunded for the incomplete main event (allegedly).

Since then shows were cancelled, wrestlers are looking for bookings and the core fan base has been split into groups; the accepting realists, the bitter realists and the "it's a work" conspiracy theorists.

The latter group is my favourite and have provided the most entertainment. Whatever happens next it seems that a lot of what has happened storyline wise was leading to something like how the last show ended (but probably not as seemingly permanent).

As previously stated if anything is to come of this it will as part of the Wrestling is... thing. One interesting thing about Wrestling is... that has been noted during this is;

Wrestling is...

Cool

Heart

Intense

K

Awesome

Respect

Art

Fun!

The talk is that Chikara will become/return as Wrestling is something beginning with K and it will lead to something bigger, continuing the Titor Conglomerate/Condor Security/Time Travel/Watchmen story that's been unfolding for some time now.

Wrestling is Fun! being the ! seems a stretch to me and if it is all some big work then, as much as I enjoy a lot of Chikara stuff, it would be a big, stupid work that's already alienating regular fans.

The other side of that coin is that is the Wrestling is C-H-I-K-A-R-A-! thing is a real thing then it sort of explains some awful sounding wrestling company names...

Anyway, whatever happens next, my toilet reading this week has been a bit more interesting than normal.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know it being a work is a BIG stretch, but it's a much smaller stretch for CHIKARA than it would be for anyone else. My personal theory is that it's done and they're trying to salvage the pieces to do other stuff, but they've decided to go out on a storyline that could be resolved in big, typical CHIKARA fashion if they ever get the chance to start up again. And I hope they do, because on their best day, there isn't a more fun promotion in the world.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Quackenbush is a big comic-book fan right? I'm wondering if it's going to be a New 52 style reboot?

Quackenbush is a big comic-book fan right? I'm wondering if it's going to be a New 52 style reboot?

Thats what it's looking like to me. There's a pair of videos entitled "Ashes" on the Wrestling Is channel which may hint at it being a combination of a reboot and a continuation.

It's interesting but you can't drag something like this out for this long, no-one gives a shit now.

• 1 month later...

CHIKARA gets a TV deal from beyond the grave.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2013/10/0...ikara-revealed/

An online Anime channel (that has catch-up as well) has acquired 26 CHIKARA events which they will be showing in two-hour edited weekly shows, with every match shown being in full.

Sounds good, tempted to try and find an Anime fan to go halfers in on this.

• Paid Members

Well, I only noticed it the other night, but the only Chikara person I follow is Bryce, so it might've been going on longer. Either way, it's pretty clear something is going on and who its lead babyface will be.

• 4 weeks later...

'ey up Chikara fans. Cos I'm a sad cunt I'm putting together some 'favourite matches ever!' type list and wondered if Chikara had any proper great matches? Does anything come close to the Eddie Kingston vs Mike Quack match from the end of 2011? To give you an idea of what I like, the regulars in the promotion I've got time for are Kingston, Claudio, Brodie Lee, Del Rey and to a degree, Quack. Bare in mind I can't stand CHikara's brand of 'comedy', which should narrow it down a bit. Thanks!

• Paid Members

Here's a stream of Chikara's return show.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-chikarme...m_medium=social

Its hilariously bad. Horrendous. The quality is shite. Proper 2004 webcam quality footage. And its in the middle of a field somewhere. Nothing has happened yet. Just some fat fans talking to the camera. Apparently some fan has been kidnapped in a van. Its an angle I think. I never saw it. Nobody seems to care either way. They are actually taking the ring down as I type. Its mental. I have no idea what is going on or why this was a good idea.

It was not a Chikara return show it was a Fan rally organised by icarus on the Chikara 101 board when he left this msg.........

I feel the winds of change blowing. More and more, every day that goes by, new people joining us here on the 101. They aren't the only ones that have joined our cause. A few others are going to be with me this Saturday at FDR park in Philly. There is strength in numbers, and this Saturday will certainly be a show of strength. A show of solidarity.

We're going to bring the cameras to shoot a video capturing how things have evolved these last few months. If you want to bring a camera with you, feel free. We need to let people know what it is we are fighting for, and these last few weeks, when I've put it out to the forum, you have all answered the call.

I believe in our ability to really make a difference. Look at what's been accomplished by the people on this board over the last few weeks. Let's make some noise. In 5 days, we will stand together. Whether you've been here from the start, or you just signed up today, your voice matters. Where ever it is that you can use your voice, let them hear:

FDR Park. Saturday. 4:00 pm.

I am CHIKARA. Are you?

Archived