CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like you also got tickets before the site crashed and the prices were corrected? I was pleasantly surprised that I was charged in dollars rather than pounds, but it seems like that was an error...

Really don't understand the moaning about prices though. They'll be flying a LOT of guys over, and bringing an event like this to the UK is proper once-in-a-lifetime stuff. I don't even like Chikara ALL that much, but I'm always interested in King Of Trios.

Aye they've said that...

Now then, question for any Chikara type knowledgeable people. How long do their shows normally go on for? Night 3 appears to be starting nice and early at 3pm but I'm still wondering if I can comfortably catch a train home at about 8-ish or whether I'm better off spending another night in Brum...

Semis and final is on the final night. So usually another 4 matches with wrestlers from other nights. If they have flown people over they will have them work all 3 shows I imagine.

Really don't understand the moaning about prices though. They'll be flying a LOT of guys over, and bringing an event like this to the UK is proper once-in-a-lifetime stuff. I don't even like Chikara ALL that much, but I'm always interested in King Of Trios.

Don't think people are moaning. However with what names are in the Brit scene and amount of imports at shows for alot less money you have to give for what you get and £75 is more than other indies charge in UK. I understand they are bringing over a lot of wrestlers as 24 will have to be in the tournament and only so many can be brits but I think it is safe that quite a few will be. They can even mix them up with guys from Chikara. The cheaper tickets still look decent so all is fine. If I was single or had a girlfriend who liked wrestling I would go away for the weekend and do this.

The venue looks very good especially with the tiered seating. If I went I would probably pick the tiered. Also looks like it could hold 1000 each night. I think they have been clever by putting on sale so early so that people can buy tickets as they will not know what else we be on around the same time.

I've found a Carrs Lane (no relation I don't think) Church Centre not too far from New Street. Methodist Central Hall is walkable as well which is on Corporation Street. So it's a question of which is the right venue. Both venues are a stone's throw from each other, so not much of an issue if you turn up to the wrong place.

I've found a Carrs Lane (no relation I don't think) Church Centre not too far from New Street. Methodist Central Hall is walkable as well which is on Corporation Street. So it's a question of which is the right venue. Both venues are a stone's throw from each other, so not much of an issue if you turn up to the wrong place.

I have messaged Quack to confirm, awaiting a reply, has to be the old Que Club on Corperation Street as he said to me he had been told he thinks it can hold 750.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

It's enough notice that people should be able to make alternative arrangements and if people have gone down the option of paying a tenner or so cheaper with a no change/cancellation policy, well that's the sorta risk you take unfortunately.

• Paid Members

Luckily, I wasn't planning on starting to book hotels, flights or trains until later this week anyway, but I can understand why people would be pissed off! Particularly the way CHIKARA have handled it - they've obviously tried to spin it as a positive by talking about it being a bigger and more modern venue, but there's not a word to acknowledge that it's in a different city entirely.

A lot of people annoyed as well, because they paid for tiered seating and are now in a venue that doesn't offer that, so how does that work out ticket-wise?

It's the sort of move that relies on a lot of goodwill from fans to the promoter, particularly at the sort of prices we're paying for tickets, with so few teams so far announced.

Archived