The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
In some interesting metal news, David Ellefson has rejoined Megadeth after leaving in 2002. Pretty cool to have him back, will be good to see him at Donington. They're about to do a short tour in the states celebrating the 20th anniversary of Rust in Peace in which they're gong to play the whole album, I'd love to see that.

:omg:

I fucking LOVE Megadeth. That they might play the whole of Rust In Peace at Download is mind-blowing.

I think it's pretty unlikey for download as they probably ony have 45/50 minute set time, but hopefully they do it over here. They haven't toured on Endgame here yet either so there'll be something in the works. I love hearing complete albums live, Tallica doing Master of Puppets back in '06 was awesome.

Since Risk there's been:

The World Needs A Hero - has it's moments, but the production sounds flat

The System Has Failed - pretty good, back to a more familiar sound

United Abominations - very good, bar a rehash of A Tout Le Monde. Burnt Ice is one of my favourite songs they've done

Endgame - didn't like it at first and thought it just sounded like RIP leftovers, but it's REALLY grown on me and worth checking out

the last 3 are ones Dave has done since his nerve injury and are more "megadeth" sounding after Risk and Cryptic Writings and the like. As you've found out, you can only get the remasters now of the older records which kind of sucks.I just have both versions.

• Paid Members
I think it's pretty unlikey for download as they probably ony have 45/50 minute set time, but hopefully they do it over here. They haven't toured on Endgame here yet either so there'll be something in the works. I love hearing complete albums live, Tallica doing Master of Puppets back in '06 was awesome.

I know - but i can dream. A part of me hoped they might get a later slot on the 2nd stage at Download - allowing them to play longer.

In my ideal world Megadeth are easily 2nd stage headliners.

As you've found out, you can only get the remasters now of the older records which kind of sucks.I just have both versions.

The remasters are a bit of a pain. It's like Mustaine went all George Lucas on us.

Yeah it is a bit like that, especially where he re did vocals on things like Take No Prisoners. He's bit of a bizarre person anyway.

Back to Metallica, have some of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUEdDkW1P9c

• Paid Members
Maiden:

Powerslave

Yes! also back in the village, Powerslave works so well as a whole album.

Just managed to get myself a replacement copy of Exodus' 'Bonded by Blood' as my old one rand away somewhere! Massively chuffed. Best Thrash album ever?

I love that album, it's a real shame what happened to Paul Baloff and I think the fact that they re-recorded the album a couple of years ago with the new line up is shit, unimaginative and disrespectful.

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone hear is a Lamb of God fan, but Randall Blythe is making his movie debut in that movie ^ it looks ridiculous but could be tons of fun. Few horror staples in there to keep the die hards happy.

• Paid Members
Holy shit @ the other Dave rejoining Megadeth! Best news all year apart from AC/DC returning to Donington :thumbsup:

* cranks up Rust in Peace *

Controversial opinion alert! Does anyone else reckon that Slayer are completely shit ?

No....but Megadeth are far better than Metallica!

• Paid Members
Controversial opinion alert! Does anyone else reckon that Slayer are completely shit ?

:omg:

Slayer fucking rule. If you take the big 4 of thrash and i put em in order of how i like em, it goes:

Slayer

Anthrax

Metallica

Megadeth

so fuck y'all Slayer haters!!

i'm weird in that i got into the big 4 and weird times. I was a metal fan long before i became a Slayer & Anthrax fan (if you find that hard to believe). Before the internet it was easy to just skim over bands, and the big 4 were the ones i skimmed (except for perhaps Metallica, but everyone had heard The Black Album).

Megadeth are a band ive never really gotten into. I know i should give them a little more time, because i dont find them as instantly appealing as Slayer. I will download Rust In Peace though and give it my full attention.

Favorite Slayer albums people??? Reign In Blood is the popular choice, but for me it's Seasons In The Abyss & Christ Illusion. This kinda changes from month to month, but im sticking with them at the moment. Heck, i even love the Slayer albums your meant to hate (Diabolus In Musica, Divine Intervention).

SLAYER!!!