The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

I love the fact that Bloodstock offers that alternative, i have no problem with Download-type bands playing the bill, but to seeing bands like Opeth, Children of Bodom, Twisted Sister, Europe, Dimmu Borgir headline at Bloodstock has been some of the best festival experiences ive had. It's not on the grand scale of a big festival obviously, but seeing those bands in the night on a big open-air stage is fucking great. I thought it was a very cool move to put Machine Head in a headline slot last year too.

I'm with you on that, i may dislike Machine Head but it was a good move to grab a bigger band like that as people would pay to see them alone then hopefully get into a ton of new bands and open them up to coming next year.King Diamond is class, if i can't get to Roadburn then seeing him will make up for that. Edited by Merzbow

Apparently the Manson/Zombie tour is in danger of collapsing;

More details emerged Saturday afternoon about what appeared to be a feud Friday night between Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson at DTE Energy Music Theatre that Zombie claims led to an "ugly" situation backstage.Zombie explained on his Facebook page why some verbal jabs between he and Manson - after Manson accused Zombie of cutting Manson's set short - led to a situation where "things turned ugly backstage."It was unclear Saturday if the incident led to any arrests or injuries. This from Zombie's Facebook post Saturday afternoon to Detroit fans about the cause of the "ugly" backstage scene: "Why? I don't know, but for some reason our touring partner decided to end his set by blaming me for something that I had nothing to do with and screaming he was going to "kick Rob Zombie's ass as soon as he got off stage."Manson hasn't appeared to speak or write anything publicly about the incident since Friday's show at DTE. As of 2 p.m. Saturday, Manson's last post on his Twitter page was one that referred to an after-party after the tour's stop Thursday in Rosemont, Ill., a Chicago suburb.Manson's Facebook page, at that time, hadn't been updated since Thursday either. Zombie, who performed after Manson, said he wasn't sure why Manson got angry and blamed him for the shock rocker's abbreviated set. More from Zombie's Facebook post: "Go figure. I was backstage hanging, watching the show thinking "hey this is gonna be a great night", when suddenly he starts screaming threats. So strange. I don't get it."Before Manson ended his set, he said he would "kick Rob Zombie's ass" during the concert's intermission. Both rockers are co-headlining the "Twins of Evil Tour," which still has 27 stops left, according to the tour's official site. Zombie seemed to imply during his performance Friday at DTE that Manson could get kicked off the tour or will never tour with Zombie again. Zombie's Facebook post didn't appear to clear that issue up, but did include his apology for cussing Manson out during his rendition of Detroit rocker Alice Cooper's "School's Out." "(Expletive) you Marilyn Manson!," Zombie said repeatedly during the song, along with other choice words.Despite all the drama, fans appeared to have a great time at the show. More Zombie from his lengthy Facebook post, referring to his response to Manson's initial threat:"Well, of course I felt the need to respond to the " kick my ass remark". Who wouldn't? Although I wish I had kept it backstage and kept the fans out of it. It is all 4rd grade fight after school nonsense of which I have never dealt with on tour before. "Co-headlining tours always go smooth because everything is cut 50/50 and I mean everything. No one (expletive) with anyone's show. It is even (expletive) Steven."Apparently only time will tell if Manson will stay on the tour.The Twins of Evil Tour's next stop was scheduled for Saturday night at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington, Ill. Zombie's final words in his Facebook post:"I've done it co-headlining tours many times before and have had no troubles. Not with Pantera, Slayer, Alice Cooper, Korn, Megadeth or anyone ever. So I didn't expect any troubles on this. It seemed like a great idea at the time." "But (expletive) happens. Anyway, sorry to the fans who had to dealt with the embarrassing stupidity of it all. We are all there for the same reasons to give you the best show ever

• Paid Members

Cannibal Corpse are a band that just keep getting better, I know people like to point at the classic old albums, but they keep putting out amazing albums.

Napalm Death are the same, just an amazing band, quality album after quality album.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big CC fan. Tomb of the Mutilated is a classic and I really enjoyed all of Barnes' stuff but I just don't enjoy the Fisher stuff as much. Definitely the weakest of the big 4 USDM bands behind Morbid Angel, Obituary and Deicide, for me. I totally agree about Napalm Death though.Who's going to Damnation? Pig Destroyer, Extreme Noise Terror, Gama Bomb, Aura Noir and Ravens Creed are going to be brilliant, and hopefully I can catch Electric Wizard and My Dying Bride.

Edited by Forrest

• Paid Members

For anyone interested, I still haven't received my Coheed & Cambria boxset. I knew there was going to be a delay, but even factoring that in, I really should have it by now. It's not the band's fault, or UPS's, but Modlife won't be getting much business from me again. They were grossly underprepared for something like this.