The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Just seen on the Download forums apparently Sonisphere is -

Queen w/ Adam Lambert, Kiss & Faith No More

Despite what people may think about Queen w/ Adam Lambert not being "metal" enough this is a MASSIVE coup for Sonisphere. I'm seriously tempted to go to this now.

From Kerbdog's Facebook page

UK Gig:

So, we were going over to Blighty to see our old friends Helmet play the "Meantime" 20th anniversary gig this April... Then we thought we might as well play the "On the turn" 15th anniversary gig the night after:)

Kerbdog will be playing Bristol venue The Thekla on April 07, this is a stand alone gig. Support comes from Souls and Zero Pilot. Tickets go on sale this friday through http://theklabristol.co.uk/

Any questions?

Darragh x

GRRRR. Need spondoolicks and travel and a transporter

• Paid Members
Is anyone going to see Brand New on their current tour? I'm really looking forward to it. I just wish I had gone to see them before now though. Not a fan of "Daisy" at all and they're still playing a good few songs from that.

I'm going to see them in Cardiff on Friday.

I doubt they'll manage to top the last time I saw them tour where they played three separate sets for each of the three albums with significantly different stage lighting for each. Just the absolute best thing they could have done given they had three very distinct albums at the time.

Daisy just feels like more of the same from The Devil And God... but there's still some excellent songs. I'm looking forward to seeing Vices live and that and Gasoline appear to be the only tracks they're playing from that album anyway.

• Paid Members

Not really heavy enough to qualify for this thread, but it doesn't fit in anywhere else - Mike Vennart and Richard Ingram, formerly of Manchester proggers Oceansize, have put up a 3-track EP for their new project, British Theatre (free to listen, 50p to download). First two tracks sound, basically, like Oceansize but more electronic and ambient. Last one's an instrumental that would probably work better as the closer of a longer release, but is still rather pleasant. People who enjoy Sev's top 50 will probably quite like this stuff, so check it out if you're so inclined.

• Paid Members
Bloodstock doesn't look to appealing to me but i'm tempted to go for a day just to see Alcest and Iced Earth, hopefully Alcest play the same time as Watain so i can totally miss their god awful selves.

I'm still considering going to Bloodstock but this is the exact clash I don't want to happen. I love Watain and their brilliant stage set up combined with their phenomenal tunes on a main stage will be fantastic to behold as long as it's not done in the sunlight. Alcest are also fantastic and after seeing them last monday in Glasgow, I cannot wait to see them again. I'm just hoping that there's no more power metal to come and more black and death metal. If Bloodstock get Bolt Thrower then I think I'm sold. Otherwise the overall line up is a complete meh compared to Hellfest for me.

Anybody still into traditional metal with that 70's-early80's vibe? If so, Christian Mistress are back with a great second release that is just wonderful (unlike the debut album which wasn't highly impressive):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYWqJsAd4SQ

Will have to give that a bash. After reviewing the Grim Reaper reissues at the end of last year I'm loving that era metal once more