Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
Good chance I will be heading to Download if it can be afforded. My brother wants to go see Metallica and Black Sabbath.

 

However, depending on finances. I am going to wait for more bands to be announced.

 

3 sub headliners and 11 other bands announced this coming Monday.

 

It's bloody expensive this time!

 

 

Posted
Anybody in the Glasgow vicinity wjo enjoys a bit of Thrash Metal? If so, I'm putting on a big all-day Thrash Metal festival entirely out of my own pocket. This is actually the third one I've done, and the last, simply because I don't want people to start thinking I'm an actual promoter. I've been doing it really because I just want to see bands I like. Anyway, it'd be good to see new faces turn up as it'll be a fantastic night.

That looks pretty decent mate. I reckon I'll be there.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Andrew WK has announced 3 dates in the UK as part of his first world tour in 7 years.

 

 

Apr 12th - Electric Ballroom, London

Apr 13th - Manchester Club Academy

Apr 14th - Glasgow The Garage

 

I've not been this excited in a long time. :D

Posted
A notoriously "anti-Islamic" band has been nominated for Norway's top metal prize. Taake are one of six nominees for a prestigious Spellemann award, despite a song that declares: "To hell with Muhammad and the Muhammadans!"

 

"Norway will soon awaken!" read the lyrics to Orkan (Hurricane), on Taake's album Noregs Vaapen. The Spellemanns are Norway's equivalent of the Brits or the Grammys, and Noregs Vaapen is nominated for best metal album. Elsewhere on Orkan, singer

Posted

Fozzy have signed a Worldwide Deal with Century Media.

 

Century Media Records has announced the signing of FOZZY, the band featuring WWE wrestling superstar Chris Jericho and STUCK MOJO mastermind Rich "The Duke" Ward.

 

FOZZY was formed a decade ago out of a passion for hard rock and heavy metal and has transformed into one of North America's most electrifying bands.

 

"We are so excited and honored to be part of the Century Media family," says Jericho, an entertainment icon who has achieved legendary status as one of the WWE's most acclaimed superstars, penned two New York Times best-selling autobiographies, and was a finalist on ABC's hit television show "Dancing With The Stars" in 2011. "FOZZY finally has a record company with the firepower and worldwide influence we need and deserve to rise to the next level

Posted (edited)

Just booked my Andrew W.K. tickets for Manchester. Can't believe that album is 10 years old. Its more than that as it came out in the UK in October 2001. That was the soundtrack to my college and university years.

Worth noticing Sewell that the tour is being promoted by Kilamanjaro, who also promoted Sonisphere, possible festival booking this summer?

Edited by KingOfMetal
  • Paid Members
Posted

Dan Catullo (Director) has released a teaser song for the new upcoming Alter Bridge Film; "Live At Wembley".

 

It's Couer D'Alene which is one of my favourite songs I have ever seen live. The only time I have seen it live incidentally is when I went to see Alter Bridge at Wembley. Great tune. Love that riff!

 

Posted
Dan Catullo (Director) has released a teaser song for the new upcoming Alter Bridge Film; "Live At Wembley".

 

It's Couer D'Alene which is one of my favourite songs I have ever seen live. The only time I have seen it live incidentally is when I went to see Alter Bridge at Wembley. Great tune. Love that riff!

 

 

Cannot wait for this DVD, based on this tease (Coeur D'Alene is in my top 3 AB songs)...the whole gig should sound amazing.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Dan Catullo (Director) has released a teaser song for the new upcoming Alter Bridge Film; "Live At Wembley".

 

It's Couer D'Alene which is one of my favourite songs I have ever seen live. The only time I have seen it live incidentally is when I went to see Alter Bridge at Wembley. Great tune. Love that riff!

 

 

Cannot wait for this DVD, based on this tease (Coeur D'Alene is in my top 3 AB songs)...the whole gig should sound amazing.

 

It did in person...

Posted

Next batch of Download confirmations is coming next Wednesday morning, with at least 11 bands being announced and "maybe more, dpending on what happens over the next 7 days", according to Metal Hammer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...