The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Next Monday, the 16th. In a simialr vein has there been any news from Sonisphere for this year's lineup.

Thanks for that.According to E-Festivals, Sonisphere are to start announcing in "early 2012". Not much help I know. I seem to recall it was around February time when the started announcing last year. E-Festivals lineup rumours isn't much help as its the usual names that do the rounds for headline slots, one of them being Rammstein which Id be suprised at because they headlined only 2 years ago. I know they are doing a "farewell" tour, but I can't see them playing. There is also Van Halen on the list, which seems more plausable with the new album out next month and would be huge for Sonisphere

At The Drive In and Refused are 2 of my favourite bands, so i'm delighted. Will definetly see both bands live even if they don't play the UK.

Me and my housemate are already planning to head to Way out West in gothenburg to see Refused.Ive been on a high all day since i saw the statement.

Howard Jones has left Killswitch Engage.Not really a shock, you get the impression that Howard wasn't happy in the band for a long time, I always felt that he was never truly comfortable being on stage either. Great vocalist no doubt, but he always seemed out of place to me.Band are looking for a new singer.

Howard killed Download 2010. Howard fitted KsE like a glove and although everyone seen the writing on the wall he was brilliant. If Jesse rejoins i will be pissed but i think this will be the end of KSE for now if not ever. Also Velvet Revolver are reforming for one night on friday for a charity gig in LA with Scott Weiland.And Joey Scott has left Saliva to launch a Christian band.