The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Announced on facebook and Twitter, here's the full lineup for Download this year. http://yfrog.com/kfz6kqvj

olly Murs with Napalm Death would be fucking amazing and Hi-De-Hi clashing with the Chuckle Brothers is a tough one to call, but Barry & Paul would win it for it for me

Genesis and Ultravox would be a great shout to be fair.

• Paid Members
Worth noting that Guns N Roses are playing a gig in Dublin on May 17th.

As well as

Paris-Bercy: June 5

Lyon: June 10

Strasbourg: June 11

Toulouse: June 14

Montpelier: June 18

Toulon: June 19

Milan: June 22

I'd be very surprised if the don't end up being one of the Sonisphere headliners.

• Paid Members

As well as

I'd be very surprised if the don't end up being one of the Sonisphere headliners.

If so... you going?

Can't believe they play Dublin on a fucking Thursday!

• Paid Members

As well as

If so... you going?

I'll wait and see. I'd prefer to go see them a couple of times at their own gigs than at a festival. So Ill be holding off until any further dates are announced before I decide.

I do fancy Dublin though. It was a cracking trip to see AC/DC a couple of years back.

• Paid Members

As well as

If so... you going?

I'll wait and see. I'd prefer to go see them a couple of times at their own gigs than at a festival. So Ill be holding off until any further dates are announced before I decide.

I do fancy Dublin though. It was a cracking trip to see AC/DC a couple of years back.

When I was told they were playing Dublin, I was up for it. As soon as I discovred that the 17th was a Thursday I changed my mind. Damn lack of holidays!

• Paid Members

3170694548-1.jpg

Crusades - The Sun Is Down And The Night Is Riding In

I've been utterly addicted to this album over the last week or so. Mitch Clem listed it as his top album of 2011 and I had a bit of trouble getting hold of it but I'm glad I managed it because it's great. Sadly there doesn't seem to be anything on YouTube other than some poor quality phone videos of live shows.

The strip linked to above lists it as being metalhead friendly, and perhaps it is, but ultimately it reminds me of early (as in Answer That era) AFI. There's a lot of other punk influences, Ignite for one, but it's very accessible, slightly goffick, catchy punk rock and I'm loving it.

Edited by Au

So listening to Helloween- Better Than Raw, for the first time in aeons, and rebuying the CD, because my old one was lost, plus its a fucking good album, I stumbled on Endeverafter, who apparently are in Scrubs and did Jeff Hardy's Theme at some point? Was I paying no attention?

My question is there any other guitar wankery bands, that I should be looking out for that combine Lost Prophets, Maiden, Helloween style sounds?

Cheers

My question is there any other guitar wankery bands, that I should be looking out for that combine Lost Prophets, Maiden, Helloween style sounds?

Have you ever listened to Trivium Pat?

Only what Ive heard on tribute albums.. Will go seek youtube now

Edit: Not really what I was looking for too screamcore and dirgey. If I was in the mood for that then yay, but not right at the mo

Edited by patdfb