The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Not seen it mentioned on here, but Metal Hammer are reporting that Bill Ward is not going to be part of the Black Sabbath reunion due to, as Ward states, being offered an "unsignable contract". Going forward, I imagine they'll bring in Vinnie Appice to fill in on the drums for the tour and whatever is left of the new album. If that's the case, it would be a mix of the two prominent Sabbath line-ups

Doesn't really tell you anything you wouldn't know already though. Just paints Iommi (and to a less extent, Ozzy) as a cash-grabber.

And anyone who doesn't see the whole reunion as nothing more than a business deal is kidding themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Sabbath will be playing in some form, but there as much a business as they are a band and have been for decades

Hello there,

On Sky Arts, there is a show on called Metal Evolution. Part two of eleven is on at the moment (Wayne Kramer is being interviewed as I type). I'm sure it will be on the Sky player or repeated but thought I'd let you all know.

Channel 243 on Sky didge.

• Paid Members

Even better than that, if you click through to the article where Howard Jones explains why he left, he says "I wish myself the best in all my future endeavours". What a fucking man.

I only got into Killswitch around when they released The End of Heartache, seen them a few times at Download and always enjoyed them. I'll be interested to hear the new stuff.

Is anyone going to see Brand New on their current tour? I'm really looking forward to it. I just wish I had gone to see them before now though. Not a fan of "Daisy" at all and they're still playing a good few songs from that.

Yeah I'm going to the Sunday London show with a friend. My third time seeing them. And I saw that from the Nottingham show, I thought Daisy was fine, but wouldn't mind more from TDAGARIM or Deja if they do change it up slightly from night to night. Last time I saw them, I think the only song they didn't play that I wish they had, was Boy Who Blocked. Still, can't wait. Their NYE show in Atlantic City looked fantastic, and they played Flying From Tree Level too.

Nice!

I love Municipal Waste & I thought their last album was ok on the first couple of listens but I never go back to it, I hope the new one is killer.

Hazardous Mutation is one of my favourite albums of the 2000s

Yeah, it was just dissapointing compared to the other 2 before it. Saw them live by accident when Hazardous Mutation came out because Mistress were supporting who I've always loved .Waste were still reasonably unknown but the gig was mental- it was chocker, the place was full of weed smoke, beer bongs on stage, tit flashing stage diving women, somebody on a surfboard, Tony throwing crisps in to the crowd. I dont think I've ever felt love at first sight with a band before then :)

I haven't got a problem with Jesse coming back into the fold, but what was the point in holding the "open auditions" via YouTube and everything else if your just going to ask the previous vocalist back?

And with him coming back, I assume that Times Of Grace is done and dusted after just one album

I haven't got a problem with Jesse coming back into the fold, but what was the point in holding the "open auditions" via YouTube and everything else if your just going to ask the previous vocalist back?

And with him coming back, I assume that Times Of Grace is done and dusted after just one album

Apparently Jesse did audition. The new album should be interesting as it's already written (including lyrics), so not sure how different to the last album it will be.