DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I saw Predators last Thursday and thought it was pretty weak. Yeah, it was better than AvP but what isn't? It just lacked personality, of course any sequel to an Arnie film without him in would though. It wasn't terrible, and there was definatly bits that were good, but for the most part it was just pretty average.

• Paid Members
I saw Predators last Thursday and thought it was pretty weak. Yeah, it was better than AvP but what isn't? It just lacked personality, of course any sequel to an Arnie film without him in would though. It wasn't terrible, and there was definatly bits that were good, but for the most part it was just pretty average.

Couldn't agree more with this. I felt hugely "meh" when i left the cinema.

Larry Fishburne was easily the best thing in it.

• Paid Members

Predators - The only good things were the score, that Yakuza lad's facial expressions and the occasional glimpse of Alice Braga's bumcheeks wobbling in her combats when she fell to the ground or stepped over a treetrunk at some sort of gainful speed.

Blade Runner - I still don't get it, and I still don't like it...

Predators - The only good things were the score, that Yakuza lad's facial expressions and the occasional glimpse of Alice Braga's bumcheeks wobbling in her combats when she fell to the ground or stepped over a treetrunk at some sort of gainful speed.

Blade Runner - I still don't get it, and I still don't like it...

Still not seen this myself, apart from the odd clip here and there. It is on my lit of about 50 films to see in life.

• Paid Members

watched Shrek 1, 2 + 3 this past week cause i wanna go see the new one.

The first two were excellent, funny, charming and just fucking fun to watch. I'm not really sure what happened with the 3rd movie, what the fuck?! it wasn't awful, but it just wasn't on the same level as the first two. Donkey was criminally underused and i just wanted to murder the godawful Arthur character.

Still, looking forward to the 4th :)

• Paid Members
Shrek 2 was so awful, I turned off half way through. Not many films I won't persevere with.

But it had wrestling in it! WRESTLING!

Wasn't that the first one?

• Paid Members

Finally got round to watching This Is It.

It's pretty spectacular as it is, and shows that the concert would have been pretty incredible, but I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

On one hand, the rehersal footage is superb, showing the creativity, spectacle and perfectionism being put into it, and as a documentary on the build up to the tour is interesting in itself. It also looks as though Michael was going to be singing every song live, and despite the frail/skeletal appearance he had in the publicity photo's, he looked in better health than he had done for a while.

On the other, it's basically a massive trailer for a concert nobody is ever going to see, leaving a slight feeling of anticlimax. Had the concert gone ahead, the "behind the scenes" documentary could have gone into a lot more depth, as there wouldn't be the need to cover the songs so much.

Also, as he's "saving his voice" in some of the footage, it means that some songs - like the ending of Earth Song - lack a bit of fire.

Those red jeans aren't flattering, either.

All in all, bloody good, but leaves a slightly sour taste as there was no finished product. Some set pieces (Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal) weren't completed, so there isn't any footage at all of how the final version of these would have looked, and again, the little bits there are hint at it being something awesome (and I've got a soft spot for Smooth Criminal anyway).

• Paid Members
Shrek 2 was so awful, I turned off half way through. Not many films I won't persevere with.

But it had wrestling in it! WRESTLING!

Wasn't that the first one?

Yes.

Oh yeah.

Goddammit. I feel as low as the Great Muta did when he lost the NWA title to Barry Windham at Superbrawl II.