DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

So far I've seen 2 3D films that were worth it - Avatar and Tintin.

I think it's not a coincidence that both were animations. Not only are films "converted" for 3d utter shit, but films specifically shot in 3d are basically shit too. Also, I have a box at home filled with scratched plastic glasses :angry:

• Moderators

As said before, I enjoyed the film, but I agree that the slow mo got a little annoying.

Steve- I was annoyed that I could only see it in 3D but it wasn't too intrusive. I would have preferred without it,but it didn't really bother me.. or was it you for whom 3d was a no-go for medical reasons?

Edit - I've managed to miss a whole conversation in the time I was writing this due to distractions. Not really relevant and sensical* now.

*yeah, it's a word. (don't look it up).

Edited by Chest Rockwell

So far I've seen 2 3D films that were worth it - Avatar and Tintin.

I think it's not a coincidence that both were animations.

Same here. The first 3D film I saw at the cinema was Ice Age 3 and the 3D was excellent.

Since then I've only seen live action stuff and it has been pointless (Amazing Spiderman) or hardly even noticable (Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part 2).

Hugo was fantastic in 3d. really loved how it helped everything look. I'm really interested with what Baz Lurhmann can do with the great gatsby.

Thought Dredd's 3d was fine much better than spiderman's whihc was the last one i saw. Final Destination 5 and Harold and kumar's christmas has great silly 3d as well

• Paid Members

I've only seen one 3D film, Avatar. It doubles as the only time I've ever fallen asleep in the cinema and missed the end of a film.

Saw Moneyball the other day. It's really good. Pitt is excellent as Billy Beane and it's a great story. Sports scenes are really well done.

Watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel too. That I liked a lot. It's really charming, great images and strong characters. Of course it's sickly as fuck but you ignore that because it's so warm and fuzzy.

511eRJ2UnFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Summer Heights High

Still some funny shit, pity Chris Lilley hasn't done anything that comes close to it since, can't get into his more recent stuff. This is like the best comedies, manages to combine pathos and a connection to the characters with the humour. A proper show, rather than a gag reel.

Can't believe shit like 'Miranda' actually gets praised as comedy when there's stuff like this and 'New Girl' that can be funny and smart.

Watched Joyeux Noel the other night, Film about the World War I Xmas Armistice. It has the premise of being a great film, but is too twee and the acting too wooden to be overly good though. Second half is far far better than the first. Clearly shot on a micro budget of about 12p, the over sentimentality completely ruins it at points. A cameo by Ian Richardson towards the end is suitably nasty though. Also stars Trevor from Eastenders, The Scottish bloke from SuperVolcano, Gary Lewis, the bloke who Played Etienne in the Beach and Diane Kruger and Daniel Bruhl, who both pop up in Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds.

Interesting but flawed in it's execution