DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Fuck you JLM, I claimed gay, buried Ryan Reynolds love first!

Did you coin the term "Rysexual" to describe the "all straight guys would totally do Ryan Reynolds" phenomenon though? DID YOU?

We can share Licker, we can share.

It can also apply to Josh Hartnett and, despite his best efforts to ruin it since American Psycho, Christian Bale.

Christian Bale is mine - stay away! :love:

• Paid Members
I watched UP

This, I absolutely loved it. Brilliant film and actually quite moving. The character I found even close to being annoying was the chubby kid, but even that didn't annoy me much. I can only think PSL's mates had ridiculously overhyped it before he watched it and thus this may have affected his opinion on the film slightly.

I heard it was really good from reviews etc, the main thing being that it was genuinely moving and was just as good for kids and adults alike but I have no idea how a kid could enjoy it or how an adult could take it seriously, wouldv'e made a nice 10 minute short but as a feature it sucked, the pace was awful it wasn't fun and the villain made no sense.

Watched it again last week having seen it at the cinema. I thought it was even better the second time. The characters weren't horrible at all. it wasn't massively moving but had a few touching moments. The story is preposterous but wonderful at the same time.

Which character isn't horrible? The old man, the annoying boy? The Really annoying bird? The Villain who seems there for the sake of having a villain and makes the movie far worse by having it play more like an ordinary adventure film? I have no idea how you could sit through that movie twice.

Like I said, it would've made a fine short, Old man SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

is widowed, fulfills wife's dream of going to that waterfall with balloons attached to house, the end. No kid, no annoying bird, pointless enemy. The part that annoyed me most was they really didn't make a big deal when the house actually got to the right place, by then the story had become about that stupid kid and bird

. I saw Toy Story 3 and I thought it was genuinely moving and the story, humour and action was a of an extremely high standard and I loved it so I am capable of enjoying these types of films but UP left me totally cold.

I watched UP

I thought it was shit, I've heard so many people say it was amazing and moving but it wasn't either.

Whats it like being dead inside?

;(

I wish dude, I'm perfectly able to enjoy warmth and touching stuff in films, UP just beyond didn't give me what I expected.

Did you coin the term "Rysexual" to describe the "all straight guys would totally do Ryan Reynolds" phenomenon though? DID YOU?

It can also apply to Josh Hartnett and, despite his best efforts to ruin it since American Psycho, Christian Bale.

"Rysexual"! Awesome, funny you mentioned Christian Bale, my brother said to me once "I don't think it counts as being gay if a man fancies Christian Bale"... My brother is also the straightest man I've ever met.

I watched UP

I thought it was shit, I've heard so many people say it was amazing and moving but it wasn't either.

;(

I didnt particularly like it either although it was one of those occassions where I couldnt really watch it properly so may give it another go. The start of the story just seems so rushed that they dont actually paint the main story very well.

I feel the same about Brad Pitt. In fact if he ever came over to me and said "Steve, I'm going to bum you now", I'd probably giggle shyly and bend over.

Another couple of Poundland bargains picked up today - the fantastic Protege and Phantasm.

Went into Poundland on the way home specifically to see if they had a copy of Phantasm. Could not find it but, amongst all the shite, was quite chuffed to find a couple of earlier Dario Argento dvds (inc a copy of Profondo Rosso). Can see a return visit being made.

• Paid Members
I watched UP

;(

Admittedly it's not as good as Ultravixens, but it's far from shit.

After reading this months Empire, I got The Day After as it looked like a cracking disaster movie

Wasn't disappointed. Reassuringly bleak, Great cast including John Lithgow and a pre Police Academy Steve(n) Guttenberg

Shows the story of what would happen if 'the bomb' was ever launched in an actual war and the aftermath of cloudburst nuclear attacks in Lawrence, Kansas and surrounding areas. For its version of thermonuclear war it started with tensions in East Germany and escalated there. It's directed by Nicholas Meyer of Star Trek II/VI fame.

Okay, the effects dont hold up nearly 30 years later, but still a good watch and a dramatization of what happens when life is plunged into the dark ages and people die of radiation sickness and fall out is superb.

Made For TV, but apparently strong enough to get President Regan to start thinking about disarmament Fascinating.

I got 'Threads' to watch next as well

Was at the cinema the other day and watched Jackboots on Whitehall... what a great comedy... i would have recommended it to anybody but don't think it's at cinemas anymore. If you liked Team America you would actually love this.

• Paid Members

So today I watched Sword and The Scorcerer. I first saw this when I was about 13, and loved it. And what's not to love? Heroes with triple bladed swords, monsters doing needlessly gorey things, and boobs. It's a shame some of the optical special effects haven't aged well, as the prosthetic work still looks pretty good.

• Paid Members
Up is the only Pixar movie I've liked. Wall-E was bloody terrible.

Cars is incredible. Even better than Toy Story. The attention to detail is astounding. I love everything about it.

Edited by tiger_rick