DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
I watched Grown Ups at the weekend. How is it possible to have a cast full of funny people and fail to make one decent joke?! The only thing that kept me going was the oncoming Norm Macdonald appearances, and even they were shit.

Chris Rock is a terrible actor too.

I've got nearly all of Adam Sandler's films, Grown Ups will never be one of them. Apparently they're doing a sequel. :/

• Paid Members
I watched Grown Ups at the weekend. How is it possible to have a cast full of funny people and fail to make one decent joke?! The only thing that kept me going was the oncoming Norm Macdonald appearances, and even they were shit.

Chris Rock is a terrible actor too.

I've got nearly all of Adam Sandler's films, Grown Ups will never be one of them. Apparently they're doing a sequel. :/

It's already in the can and features this man

Stone-Cold1.jpg

• Paid Members

there was a great article in one of the movie magazines a few months back talking about how Adam Sandler is one of the most succesful actors in Hollywood despite having pretty much all his films panned by the critics.

If im in the right kinda mood i like me a Sandler movie, they are just stupid, easy entertainment and i think people like that about his movies.

A+Single+Man+DVD.jpg

Absolutely adored this - one of the rare cases where the film matches up to the book. It must have been such a challenge to adapt the text for the screen, as very little happens, but they manage it wonderfully. Every shot is just perfect, the photography is amongst the most beautiful I've seen on any film. Firth deserves credit too; even though I'm not his biggest fan I must admit this is a masterful performance. Julianne Moore is good too. Nicholas Hoult less so, especially with his faux American accent. He makes up for it by being 'shot like an adonis', as one review put it, I've rarely seen someone look so beautiful on camera, his lighting and styling was, again, perfect.

This film should definitely be more talked about.

• Paid Members
there was a great article in one of the movie magazines a few months back talking about how Adam Sandler is one of the most succesful actors in Hollywood despite having pretty much all his films panned by the critics.

If im in the right kinda mood i like me a Sandler movie, they are just stupid, easy entertainment and i think people like that about his movies.

His films make stupid money regardless of quality. He must know how shit they are. There was an article in Hotdog magazine years ago explaining how for a few years in the 90s Ice Cube was the most profitable movie star in Hollywood. His films cost nothing to make and were a license to print money

• Paid Members

I'd say a good portion of Sandler's films are pretty good. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, The Wedding Singer and 50 First Dates...I love 'em!

But then yes, Little Nicky, Mr. Deeds, Funny People, Grown Ups etc. are all fucking shit.