DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
I think somebody masturbating themselves silly over Taxi Driver is much more "film student" than not liking it, but each to his own.

That's debatable considering the film is largely considered as great and film students tend to go against the grain with these sorts of things. Film students in general are shit though. Not all, but most.

The Keitel Wail:

The problem with film students, and students in general, is that they think they're the first people to discover/realise things. OMG Taxi Driver! Sadly, we all used to be like that once.

• Paid Members
The Keitel Wail:

The problem with film students, and students in general, is that they think they're the first people to discover/realise things. OMG Taxi Driver! Sadly, we all used to be like that once.

Nah Film students who see themselves as Mark Kermode and will point out to anyone that will listen that Barry Lyndon is an exception film, full of rich natural lighting are twats.

Im not saying that Taxi Driver is the greatest film ever, far from it (that is obviously labyrinth) but its far from an average film.

• Paid Members
Speaking of all-time classics, i've currently got Wrong Side Of Town, starring Dave Batista, Rob Van Dam & Ja Rule, and Unrivaled, starring Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine, Lyoto Machida & Forrest Griffin to watch.

I was so close to buying Wrong side Of Town yesterday in Morrisons, I'll probably end up buying it at some point. I got Never Surrender for

Speaking of all-time classics, i've currently got Wrong Side Of Town, starring Dave Batista, Rob Van Dam & Ja Rule, and Unrivaled, starring Rashad Evans, Keith Jardine, Lyoto Machida & Forrest Griffin to watch.

I got Never Surrender for

• Paid Members
I quite liked Barry Lyndon. Not a masterpiece or anything, but a great watch.

Nah its a good film, just is often bought up in whos the biggest film fan conversations because of the way its made

Edit :there we go

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

I've been on quite a martial arts spree the last couple of weeks. Watching Ong Bak 2, Ip Man, Dragon Tiger Gate on Blu Ray and Fireball, Hand of Death, Blood and Bone and Fearless Hyena on DVD. All tremendous entertainment.

I know there are a few posters that are into Martial Arts films like myself. Has anyone seen Bangkok Adrenaline? I noticed the trailer during impact this week and it looked pretty bad ass.

Also with the end of Hong Kong Legends I've had trouble tracking down some of there remastered releases I sadly neglected to get when they were in the high street. I'm a DVD geek so I don't do torrents and what not. I often browse various sites when I'm bored and whilst over at ezydvd.com.au I stumbled on the Hong Kong Legends edition of Weels on Meals and Shaolin Wooden Men. It turns out it appears that most of Hong Kong Legends back catalogue are still in print in Oz.

Fist of Legend finally gets the remastered treatment it deserves this week on DVD and Blu Ray. If you havent seen it its one of Jet Lees absolute best which I highly recommend. Its definately on my shopping list with Kill Zone next pay day.

Has anyone seen Wet Hot American Summer? Without exaggeration i can honestly say it is one of the funniest films i've ever seen with Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, and Janeane Garofalo(who i've always found really watchable and i've no idea why).

The film itself is just a piss take of an american summer camp, piss take being the operative words!

I'd love to hear if anyone has seen this indie gem!

• Awards Moderator

Went to see I Love You Phillip Morris at the weekend. Very funny in parts and there are a few scenes in there which made a few people walk out quite abruptly with their kids in tow. It's a 15 certificate, but if you have a kid of that age and are thinking of taking them to see funny man Jim Carrey, think again. It is howl out loud funny in parts, but there are some scenes which will come out of the blue if you don't know the main detail about Carrey's character. I hadn't even seen a trailer for it but my mate told me she knew it'd my kind of humour.

Both Carrey and Ewan McGregor were great in their respective roles and some of the writing is very subtle and will have you laughing to yourself, but not as much as the blatant, lewd gags will have you shaking in your seat.

Although it's only a ten second scene, do NOT read this spoiler if you intend on seeing the film:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The moment I realised he was fucking a bloke up the arse and he just casually said 'Did I mention I was gay? Really gay?' had me crying with laughter for a good five minutes.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Anyway, I really enjoyed it and although towards the end I thought it had the potential to just simmer out, it had a fantastic climax. Highly recommended if you want 100 minutes of great chemistry between Carrey and McGregor and some serious belly laughs along the way. Already looking forward to catching it again.

Has anyone seen Wet Hot American Summer? Without exaggeration i can honestly say it is one of the funniest films i've ever seen with Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, and Janeane Garofalo(who i've always found really watchable and i've no idea why).

The film itself is just a piss take of an american summer camp, piss take being the operative words!

I'd love to hear if anyone has seen this indie gem!

I've seen it, as I love Stella (the comedy show starring David Wain (director), Michael Ian Black and Michael Showalter (stars) of this film) but I didn't find it as brilliant as you did. I thought it was a bit lazy in places, and in terms of teen film parodies I thought "Not Another Teen Movie" was actually funnier.

If you like that though, check out the TV shows "Stella" and "Michael And Michael Have Issues"; the web TV series "Wainy Days"; and the film "The Ten" (based on the ten commandments, super-uneven but has moments that are hilarious). Also David Wain directed "Role Models", which is maybe why it's a cut above the recent string of Apatow-family movies.