What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Undateables is TV gold.

It's cruel and i question myself watching and laughing at it but i guess they signed up for it

I don't know if it is cruel. I actually think the show is quite sympathetic towards them, and actually cares about the person as well as their issue.

Is no-one watching House of Fools on BBC2? It's as if The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer and the Young Ones had a love child. Really enjoying it a lot!

I adore Vic and Bob so I've been watching this too. Took me about 10 mins of the first episode to 'get it', but it's really made me laugh a lot. Second episode wasn't as good as the first but still pretty funny. I love Morgana Robinson as the mad sex-crazed neighbour. Best line from last night?

'Beef? Curtains!'

You just know they named that character Beef just so they could get that gag in! :D

• Paid Members
Is no-one watching House of Fools on BBC2? It's as if The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer and the Young Ones had a love child. Really enjoying it a lot!

I adore Vic and Bob so I've been watching this too. Took me about 10 mins of the first episode to 'get it', but it's really made me laugh a lot. Second episode wasn't as good as the first but still pretty funny. I love Morgana Robinson as the mad sex-crazed neighbour. Best line from last night?

'Beef? Curtains!'

You just know they named that character Beef just so they could get that gag in! :D

I felt the same about the Beef joke as well. Such a silly show but cracks me up on my way into work

• Paid Members
Anyone a fan of Mr. Show? Just started watching it recently and it's still very funny. Holds up very well and though I do like sketch comedy it can be hard to get right.

I absolutely love it and everything about it including the whole 90s post grunge American alternative vibe. It's amazing. One of the sketches on it is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The one about the Oscars style awards ceremony exclusively for actors playing mentally retarded people

• Paid Members
Just started watching 15 Storeys High and it's brilliant, which is shocking seeing as I can't stand Sean Lock. I think he's resigned to barely trying on countless comedy quiz shows because his genius sitcom was ignored by almost everyone.

It was really good and probably ahead of its time. Loved the episode about an energy drink that Locks character gets hooked on.

• Awards Moderator

I just marathonned Fringe. I caught the first season when it first aired, then missed the rest so I was intrigued how it played out.

Crivens, it ends quite different from how it starts.

Obviously, Fringe spoilers follow...

I can only imagine the weekly fan reaction to the twisting, turning plothole knots they created. It became quite a frustrating series, as they had built a fascinating mythology within their universe but felt compelled to do "monster of the week" and push back the big arcs. Had the seasons been half the length, this could've been handled in a much more satisfying way. That said, the overall plot was interesting though practically tossing aside the parallel universe in the final season to deal with the invented threat of the Observers was a little underwhelming.

Massively (Dynamically) in their favour the three central characters are incredibly likeable. Joshua Jackson is fun, Anna Torv maintains an impressive coolness (I do have a mini crush on her which helps) but John Noble's Walter Bishop is stunning. I hope he won buckets of awards for this because he was utterly captivating. Able to display childish joy, a realisation that he doomed the world and a broken heart all through his eyes, he practically became my favourite actor overnight. Just sublime.

It's a properly JJ Abrams show, and that sentence will tell you all you need to know.

What did other people make of it?

• Awards Moderator

I watched Fringe week by week and I'd pretty much agree with you. The last season wasn't my favourite but I did like that we had no idea that that was what the last season would be about! Totally agreed on the three leads, they were all excellent, and Walter especially (though sadly I don't know if he did get much awards recognition for it). I also loved the sheer amount of background detail they'd put into each episode in terms of set-dressing, Easter eggs etc. I would quite like to watch it again someday.