What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Dexter, Homeland and the Mentalist all return tonight, looking forward to all 3 immensely.

Me too. Although I've not got round to watching the new ones just yet.

Anyone got any idea where I can find a decent list of new and returning US dramas and air dates?

Dexter, Homeland and the Mentalist all return tonight, looking forward to all 3 immensely.

Me too. Although I've not got round to watching the new ones just yet.

Anyone got any idea where I can find a decent list of new and returning US dramas and air dates?

Don't know about new stuff, but all returns are usually on here...

eztv countdown

Watched the first episode of Homeland last night. Wasn't too impressed. I found Claire Danes both good and bad, and the ginger guy irks me. I'm not sure where I've seen him before, but he was either a baddie in a British sitcom or I saw him in something else and it bothered me then because I thought he looked like a baddie in a British sitcom.

Watched the first episode of Homeland last night. Wasn't too impressed. I found Claire Danes both good and bad, and the ginger guy irks me. I'm not sure where I've seen him before, but he was either a baddie in a British sitcom or I saw him in something else and it bothered me then because I thought he looked like a baddie in a British sitcom.

The ginger bloke was in Band of Brothers, I think.

I only watched Band of Brothers in the last year, it's pretty good. I'm not really one for war films and the like, but they did a good job getting across the horror without it feeling too "Hollywood". It was also filmed near me, so that played a part in me watching it.

• Paid Members

anyone ever see Jericho? it's always tapped as one of them great shows that got cancelled too soon. It follows a similar structure to shows like The Walking Dead and Falling Skies as it focusses on a group of survivors after some kind of world changing event (this time being nuclear war), i'm a few episodes into season 2, it's a great show but never seems to get mentioned and no one really seems to have seen it.

I saw it and I enjoyed it. The concept was very bold, and the execution wasn't bad, with a good cast and good writing. The only problem was that it wasn't gruesome enough - although there'd be some danger in each episode, by the end the family would be sitting round the table having dinner together. Nuclear war is no match for the spirit of small-town America, basically.

Walking Dead has done post-apocalype much better, although it's infuriatingly narrow-viewed where in Jericho you got a bit more sense of shit happening outside the town, national upheaval and so on.

Falling Skies is another that has a crack at this, but Aliens muddies the water. There's a great post-apocalypse series still to be made I feel.

I only watched the first season of Walking Dead. I found it started well but got worse as the season went on. Does it get any better?

Lots of people rag on The Walking Dead. From memory, the first few episodes of S2 are very poor. After those initial few shit episodes, it becomes a decent-to-good (with occasional great) show.

Speaking of post-apocalypse, Revolution seems to be a new show which fits this bill. JJ Abrams is attached to it, and its been getting average reviews. Hopefully it will improve.

I only watched the first season of Walking Dead. I found it started well but got worse as the season went on. Does it get any better?

No, it's still shit. Has its moments, but it's very shit. If Jericho is even worse, I won't bother with it. Jericho didn't get a proper ending when it was cancelled either, did it?

• Paid Members

No, it's still shit. Has its moments, but it's very shit. If Jericho is even worse, I won't bother with it. Jericho didn't get a proper ending when it was cancelled either, did it?

I wouldn't really compare the two to be honest. They might both be about world changing events but that's pretty much it. Jericho is largely about a town trying to survive while being cut off from the rest of the world. The Walking Dead is about Zombies.

It got a proper ending in Season 2. The only problem is they kind of crammed about five seasons of stuff into those seven episodes so nothing really has a chance to sink in and it feels a bit rushed.

Season 1 is still class though.