What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Soccer AM: Tubes doing the same old "You're a top man, blah blah blah" act for ANOTHER season?! :bored:

Its embarrassing stuff truly. Bunch of tv producers acting like they're still in their 20s, injokes, stupid catchphrases and nowhere near as funny as it once was.

It's fucking desperate now, and has been since at least Andy Golstein's year on the job. Tubes and Rocket are an embarrassment, and the whole mid-90s feel of the humour is very dated. I wish they'd move away from the format and try something different. Either throw money at Danny Baker to come and save it, or try and persuade Jeff Stelling to get up early on a saturday.

• Paid Members

didn't know what thread to stick this is in, but i guess it classes as TV, watched both 'An Evening with Kevin Smith' DVD's over the weekend. I know Smith's a bit a marmite kind of director, but he's pretty good in this kind of situation, i like hearing him chat about movies and stuff....the thing that had me cringing all the way through were the fucking moron's in the audience, holy fucking shit! i consider myself a bit of a fringe nerd, i'm quite obsessive about things i like and whatever but the guys in that audience were the full on fanboys and they are complete retards. Got the impression that Smith hated every single one of them as well. Ive always liked the idea of going to a big comic book convention someday just outta interest, but i fear the fanboys would ruin it for me.

Edited by Ebb

I taped Jam last night as Channel 4 were showing it as part of Funny Fortnight, because I adore everything else by Morris.

I lasted five minutes and had to turn it off. It's just the most unsettling thing I've ever seen on TV. I know it's a comedy, but it fucking terrified me. I found my threshold.

• Paid Members

'The Great British Bake Off', this started just after the Olympics finished so there was a natural transition into it. The onscreen combo of Mary Berry & Paul Hollywood is unbeatable, refined elegance & sexual thunder. This series is looking to be a belter too, hoping Kathryn wins

Watched that Channel Four Comedy Special "Them From That Thing". It's a sketch show with a great cast and Charlie Brooker had a hand in it.

It was fucking awful, didn't raise a single smile.

It certainly was. Also watched "Toast of London" the other night with Matt Berry in who was/is amazng in the IT Crowd. It was odd but funny in places, might be a bit too out there for me if it's a full series. Looking forward to the Harry Hill programme that's on tomorrow night, Burt Kwouk is back!

While i'm here loving Person of Interest which has just come over here on to Channel 5. Very OTT at times but great stories and an intriguing underlying story. Plus Michael Emerson is my hero.

• Paid Members

Being lumbered with Freeview until Sky gets switched on has led me to be forced to watch lots of fly on the wall stuff - and I love it! Nothing To Declare, Police Camera Action, Road Wars - just give me more of this shit and I'll watch it.

• Paid Members

Watched Popadoodledandy and it was typical Vic and Bob fare with a few funny moments including Pop News and strange interview techniques. Need Vic and Bob back on telly pronto.