What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

I've now found episodes of Punky Brewster in YouTube. Let's see if it's as awesome as it was when I was 5. I mainly remember a dead good theme tune and a dog as her best friend.

It's no Blossom! I was watching Mrs Doubtfire the other week which reminded me that the son in it was the brother of Joey Lewrence which prompted me to see what he had done since mid 90's Trouble kidcom Brotherly Love. A load a shit apparently but amongst it there was a show where he plays Clarissa's manny. It's called, ingeniously, Melissa and Joey.

• Moderators

Boy Meets World was on The Disney Channel about 6 times a day about 10 years ago and it still held up well.

Punky Brewster's premise was darker than I remember. 7 year old's father deserts family then mother abondins her in shop. But George Gaynes off Police Academy (who's still not dead, great innings) fosters her. Also, she's dead fit now upon seeing what the actress, Soleil Moon Frye, got up to afterwards. She was Sabrina's fit brunette roomy when she went to college in the later eps of Sabrina the teenage witch.

We only had the Disney Channel so I missed out on SBTB and the other Nick/Trouble shows.Watched nearly every episode of Boy Meets World,Teen Angel,Blossom,Home Improvement,Smart Guy,Touched By a poxy Angel and the shite Honey I Shrunk the Kids TV show with the hot blonde wife and the decent red head daughter.

Was another show where the Lawrence brothers owned a garage or something like that,was my least favourite of the lot.

City Guys,Malibu and USA High were on C4 some weekends,they seemed to have the hottest women out of all the kids/teen shows.

Ah City Guys. used to loved that show. It was the perfect get over show when SBTB, California Dreams and Hang Time left the air. The Racism episode sticks out as a memorable one for me and I had a mad crush on the blonde girl Cassidy who was kinda like Kelly from SBTB and Tiffani from CD rolled into one

• Paid Members

Punky Brewster was like Perfect Strangers for me, a cool theme tune for me, never actually watched it. Will have to give that a bash.

I never got round to watching City Guys or USA High, I was probably being a prick taking in viewings of Watching and The Upper Hand (the latter of which I blame solely on my mam).

I never watched stuff like Boy Meets World etc. For some reason I didn't like Nickelodeon much either (the exception being Clarissa, Are You Afraid of the Dark and the fucking brilliant Pete and Pete). I was more of a Cartoon Network kid, impossible to tear me away when Dexter's Lab or Cow and Chicken came on. I'm so disappointed that Boomerang (originally a vintage Hanna Barbera channel) is now just a third channel showing new cartoons. I still have that 'can't leave, episode is on' effect with the original Scooby Doo series. Adore that stuff.

I liked Home Improvement because Tim Allen was Buzz Lightyear. Thought all his kids were complete bellends.

To bring it back round to Punky Brewster, I did watch Sabrina, Soleil Moon Frye was positively banging during that

EDIT: Harmonic... to answer your SBTB question, there was contract issues with how many episodes Tiffani Thiessen and Liz Berkley were meant to do. The reason why they turn up before and after the Tori story arc, is because the episodes or all over the fucking shop when it comes to when what aired and when. Wikipedia, Netflix and the SBTB DVD's all list different episode orders and what not.

http://gobayside.tumblr.com/ Here's that SBTB podcast I listen to in work.

and while I'm here, this link is for Season 1 of SBTB

...ADDED BONUS, Good Morning Miss Bliss intro with it's theme tune that sound suspiciously like a Jimmy Hart WCW riff of 'Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now' Starship.

Edited by WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Pah, load of chat about shows I've never heard of. I didn't like like Boy Meets World originally. I only started watching it later when the wrestlers were in it. Went back and watched it all eventually and it's pretty good. There's a great episode early on where Cory's Dad gets him up to watch a baseball match late at night.

Hated Blossom. She was annoying as hell and I had no idea what most of it was about.

I was watching Mrs Doubtfire the other week

Me too. It came on Sky in HD. Watched it with my daughter. The language is far stronger than I remember. Quite a few shits and several bastards.

The funny thing about SBTB and the others was that they use to tell the exact same stories or sing the same songs. I remember watching a Califorina Dreams episode where Jake sings this accoustic song to his idol, the same song gets sung by some from USA High. I think Hang Time was one of my fav's the series with Antony Anderson, it was mad seeing him in The Shield after that.

• Moderators

Blossom was so Jewish it would beggar belief. The whole programme was. I used to harbour a crush on Six as a child though.

Chili, you're the determined to make people listen to that gay podcast, aren't you? The podcast is gay. Our opinions are far better and more interesting.

Anyway, made it halfway through S1 of Punky Brewster before falling asleep. It's dead shit, but really heartwarming which saves it. It's just a nice watch. I can definitely see why it was a favourite of mine when I was 5 or 6 though. Bright colours, funny child, major character off Police Academy.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Blossom was so Jewish it would beggar belief. The whole programme was. I used to harbour a crush on Six as a child though.

Chili, you're the determined to make people listen to that gay podcast, aren't you? The podcast is gay. Our opinions are far better and more interesting.

Anyway, made it halfway through S1 of Punky Brewster before falling asleep. It's dead shit, but really heartwarming which saves it. It's just a nice watch. I can definitely see why it was a favourite of mine when I was 5 or 6 though. Bright colours, funny child, major character off Police Academy.

Aye now steady on, there might be someone who wants to give it a go :p

I don't think I've seen George Gaynes in much beyond Police Academy (him still being alive is also brilliant). Have any of the SBTB peeps got a good career going for them now? I know AC has his hosting gigs, I assume Zack does TV work still. Belding is creeping around LA nightclubs in character and hanging out with Batista. Dunno about the ladies, Liz Berkley was pretty much dead after 'Showgirls'.

Edited by WWFChilli