What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Is that the same guy that plays the dad in that superhero family drama (Bellend Steve will know what it's called )

That would be No Ordinary Family, a live-action Increadibles. And yes, it was as bad as it sounds, cancelled after one series if I remember right, same as Vegas. Chiklis hasn't had a TV success since The Shield finished

• Paid Members

I've started watch The Returned. There's a US version coming soon but this is the French original. It's bloody good. It's been described as the French Lost and it definitely has elements of Lost in it. Cool mystery mythology being built, good cliffhangers and genuine twists you don't see coming. Also there's a couple of stunning girls in the cast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yeah, I honestly reckon it was one of the best finales in TV history.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The cameos were perfect, and Stevie being played by someone with Down Syndrome in the film of Kenny's life during the AMAZING penultimate sequence made me nearly wet myself. It's rare that a very silly sitcom about someone who is, for all intents and purposes, the world's biggest dickhead can get you behind him and actually inject the odd bit of emotion into it far more successfully than the ones which try and be a bit emotional all the time (I'm looking at you Scrubs and the like) and is good for AT LEAST one real honest to god massive belly laugh an episode. If it's not looked back on in the future as one of the truly great sitcoms of all time there's something wrong with the world. What a way for it to go out. The perfect ending.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Just finished watching Eastbound and Down too. Absolutely hilarious finale and a great show. Really gutted to see it gone.

I watched the first three seasons before this one started and before each new episode I watched the previous weeks show just to savour all its greatness. That would be a real slog for the average sitcom.

I think it has the strongest pilot episode of any comedy and as Butch said you're guaranteed (at least) one legit belly laugh per episode. Even the soundtrack is awesome! Sad to see it end, but they went out strong.

• Paid Members

Just seen an episode of Yonderland ( never even heard of it before) it was fantastic. I'm sure I'm the last person in the world to hear about it as it has the writers from Horrible Histories on it but it was like a kids version of The Mighty Boosh ( but better)

• Paid Members

Actually, yes. I enjoy zombies and the creative gore in the show but it's definitely something I only watch when I have 45 minutes to kill. The plotting, characters and dialogue is terrible for the most part. It's a show filled with cool horror movie gore with a vague plot and underwritten characters very loosely based around the gory moments.

Edited by LaGoosh