What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Does any one know if and when the UK's strongest man is repeated, I'm busy on a Wednesday.

Also are they having the Worlds again? I enjoy watching Worlds Strangest Man but didn't I read something about Bravo getting dropped or something.

• Paid Members

Been watching The Walking Dead on FX. Two episodes in and it's pretty good. It's a completely unoriginal concept (zombie apocalypse scenario), but it's pretty tense and very entertaining.

Also watched the first episode of the second series of Eastbound and Down. Wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, but I'll stick with it because Kenny Powers is always good value for great one-liners.

Anyone see Never Mind The Buzzcocks tonight? Terry Wogan was far better as a host than I think I could ever have imagined he would be.

Yes I did. Caught it on iplayer, Wogan was great helped by the guests all being pretty laid back and letting Wogan shine through. Very odd, I can't stand James Blunt songs but whenever he's doing a panel show or an interview he is usually a quality bloke. Wogan's line of the night had to be the Pete Townsend/ Chris Evans crack.

• 1 month later...

Been enjoying a few funnies recently:

Miranda - women's humour, one the mrs likes along with Victoria Wood, that wouldn't have appealed to me years ago.

How Not to Live Your Life - love this :)

Peep Show - never fails to entertain.

On a serious been it's been Ancient Civilizations, American Dream and the channel 4 WW2 in colour programme.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Been enjoying a few funnies recently:

Miranda - women's humour, one the mrs likes along with Victoria Wood, that wouldn't have appealed to me years ago.

How Not to Live Your Life - love this :)

Peep Show - never fails to entertain.

On a serious been it's been Ancient Civilizations, American Dream and the channel 4 WW2 in colour programme.

I actually really like this. Kind of silly, but it reminds you of the old school sitcoms of the 70s and 80s in a lot of ways.

American Dream's been a good series too

Does any one know if and when the UK's strongest man is repeated, I'm busy on a Wednesday.

Also are they having the Worlds again? I enjoy watching Worlds Strangest Man but didn't I read something about Bravo getting dropped or something.

Yes, WSM is definitely on Bravo this year, but all over the traditional Christmas-New year week instead of once a week, so they can fit it in before they get axed off air. It looks like there is three episode of that 'Giants Live' before the main event starts on Boxing Day...

All the times here

• Paid Members
Wasn't sure where to put this but here seems good enough.

Watched Richard Bacons Beer and Pizza Club last night and 5 minutes of the show was dedicated to Rufus Hound regaling Lee Ryan from blue about wrestling. This was followed by his wrestling impressions.

Yes, it was slightly embarrassing, I thought, but I do like the show on the whole.

Are me and Mrs Small the only ones in Britain that quite like the new Reggie Perrin?

Late on this, but no, you're not. We love it. I think it's a terrific, breezy half hour with plenty to laugh at.

Will echo any love for Miranda too. It's got a really old-school comedy feel. it doesn't take itself too seriously but nor is it dumb.

My favourite shows on TV at the moment are more factual. Wheeler Dealers (on Discovery, Turbo or Shed) is an ace show. Also American Pickers (History channel) is cracking too.

• Paid Members

Been watching Rescue Me lately, I watched it for the first two seasons when it was on Skyone, then completely forgot about it. I looked it up up about a month ago, and was delighted to find out it's still running to this day, plenty to catch up on. I'm up to midway through season 3 just now, it's been class!.

Marisa Tomei :love: :love: = future miss CVD, no lie.

• Paid Members

Something quasi-on-topic fellas, and I should've mentioned it eariler really ast it started at 8... On 5 there's a documentary showing the demolition of the old RCA dome / Hoosierdome in Indianapolis (site of Wrestlemania VIII and former home of the Colts). Pretty amazing stuff, but it's sensationalised as a Ch5 docu would be.

Edited by sephjnr

I just had the misfortune of watching Dirk Gently on BBC4. I wish I'd spent the time castrating myself with a chainsaw instead. Fuck me, it was awful. There's simply no excuse for how utterly, utterly wrong it was in every possible way.

On the other hand, I watched Desperate Fishwives last night. I may be biased as they're all mates of mine from uni, but I think it's well worth a look. It's a pilot and I think there are some kink to work out for a full series but it's still got some vey funny moments. Check it out on iPlayer.

I'm now fully up to date with the second series of Eastbound and down, and it's probably now my favourite tv show from this year. It's more than filled the void left by The Imbetweeners and has actually surpassed it in terms of genuine laughs Iget from it.

This season has been absolutely brilliant, and has produced one of the funniest characters in Aaron I think i've ever seen. If you like the kind of humour that is!

You don't even need to watch the show to appreciate how funny it actually is

• Moderators
This season has been absolutely brilliant, and has produced one of the funniest characters in Aaron I think i've ever seen. If you like the kind of humour that is!

You don't even need to watch the show to appreciate how funny it actually is

Oh man, the truest post ever. The first time I saw the scene where he's bothering the guy in the stands at the baseball, I had to run it back three times. Who knew Deep Roy had that in him?

It's so funny that McBride is obviously corpsing, which leads to the guy getting beer poured on him laughing too.

Here it is isolated and better quality:

Edited by Woyzeck

What's up with the new Family Guy episodes? They've got a new style to them. The animation's improved and but there seems to be more of an emphasis on the story. The problem is the stories are as weak as ever. They've had Lois as a boxer, a spooky house mystery episode and the most generic Christmas story ever.

South Park is poop as well. 3 Coon episodes? Fuck off.