UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
They were using the mesh by middle/end of 1999.

If memory serves me correctly, the Rock/HHH cage match on the 5th July Raw was the first televised cage match to feature the mesh after the years of blue bar exclusivity.

• Paid Members
I vaguely recall a Jericho/Shamrock cage match with the mesh in mid 1999 too.

Almost. Gotch Gracie was far more dangerous than Shamrock.

Edited by air_raid

I remember Hughes from when I was a nipper, I was over in the US on holiday and turned on the telly to see WWF, with Hughes dressed as a blues man squashing a jobber. In my memory he wrestled in a darkened light, but that might just have been his entrance.

Did that gimmick go anywhere?

• Paid Members
Chaps - I've got a fancy dress party coming up, Heroes and Villains, and I think this is the proper opportunity to go to a party dressed as Hulk Hogan.

Where's the best place to buy a Hogan costume? I need T-Shirt, Bandana, glasses, boa and tights and belt would be awesome. I'm going to bleach my tache and have black stubble nWo style.

I don't mind splashing a bit of cash to get decent kit.

Can get a lot of it in Ebay. I decided last minute I wanted to go to one as Hogan and did it poundshop style with an nWo shirt and tights I already had.

gsqdR8v.jpg

Got boas and a priate bandana from fancy dress shops on the day. Went black facepaint for the stubble and trimmed down a wizard moustache! (I highly reccomend buying decent facial glue seperately to make sure it sticks to your face!)

If I did it again I'd prepare better and get the proper bandana etc and maybe go the more recognisable red/yellow, but I think I made it work with 12 hours prep!

Did Matt Hardy have more sinister music when he was a heel in WWE (2008/9 I think)? Myself and my friend both recall this, but I can't find anything on it

He had some playing during one of his "I hate Jeff" speeches, but I think his entrance music was always the same.

Did the McMahons used to/Do the McMahons get paid PPV bonuses like anyone else on the roster? I don't necessarily mean for managing or doing promos, but for example Vince main eventing St. Valentines Day Massacre with Austin, would he get the same pay as, say, Undertaker would have or do they bin it off as he owns most of the company anyway?

Hope someone can help here. Im posting on behalf of a friend whos been browsing the forum for years but is having trouble signing up for an account. The captcha message constantly tells him its incorrect but apparently hes been at it for months with no success. Either theres something seriously wrong with the guy or theres an issue with the sign up security. Any chance this can be looked into? Hes desperate to bang on about Rybacks push and Ortons dismal face run, or at least he was when he started trying to register.