UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Someone mentioned the other day "thank God the brand split is over".

Is it? If so, how do the 2 World Champs work now, are they no longer part of 2 brands? How does it work? I've not watched an episode of Smackdown in about 5 years.

• Paid Members

It's as over as it's going to be. They've stopped branding house shows as Raw or Smackdown so now it's basically the Cena show or the Punk/Orton/Bryan show. The only on-screen difference is that the real top top guys rarely appear on Smackdown.

The two titles don't have any brand distinction now, or any logical differentiation whatsover, but there's no longer any pretence that the World title isn't second fiddle. You've got to go back about four years since there was any question about which was the top prize.

They keep the World title around at the moment as a potential way of selling the non-Cena live events. I don't think a unification match would be that big either, unless the respective champions were huge names. And who fits that bill? Pretty much just Cena and Punk. And even Punk's not a full-timer anymore, is he?

How many singles matches has Roman Reigns had since debuting with the Shield? I can remember both Rollins and Ambrose having a decent amount, but for Reigns I'm struggling to think of even one. He must've had at least a couple I imagine but damned if I can remember them.

A few. At least one against Bryan, one against Orton, probably one against Kane (though I can't remember it). I think he had a singles match against Uso B as well.

I could see it being part of a larger story. Let's say Batista returns and becomes the top guy on Smackdown, wins the World, and then challenges Cena to unify the belts and prove he's greater even than Cena by doing so.

After a few of Earthquake's squash matches on WWF Superstars in early 1991 (between Rumble and 'Mania) a masked man would run out and attack Earthquake and then run to the back again.

- Who the hell was he? He's never named, and who's under the mask?

- What the hell was it all about? Angle went nowhere.

All I can find is it might have been Brutus Beefcake but nothing definite...

*EDIT*

... ah, according to Wikipedia's entry for Brutus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_Beefcake):

"For a short time in early 1991, a masked character played by Leslie appeared on TV. The character would run in during matches and attack various heels (notably Rick Martel, Dino Bravo and Earthquake). He would run in on their matches, punch them a few times, throw a headbutt and immediately retreat. He never wrestled a match and was never given an official name."

Given at this time Earthquake was facing Greg Valentine at WM7... what the fuck was this 'angle' all about?!

Edited by aaron

I'm aware that this question is probably a bit too broad for the Questions thread and probably deserves it's own thread, but I wanted to err on the side of caution.

How has televised wrestling developed in-ring from the 80s? Has there been any key progressions in terms of match length, tempo or general approach? Has anyone spotted any trends in terms of what televised matches from certain eras usually were? Basically, if you were to take two wrestlers fighting on Wrestling Challenge and teleport them to Attitude-er Raw, or WCW Saturday Night during the nWo, would there be any notable difference? I remember someone posting something from a magazine last week about Vince tightening up the restrictions on TV matches to try and make it more sportish like WCW. Was this common? What where they doing exactly?

And here's a related question that is probably easier to handle:

What is the difference between a PG show and a more adult rated show in-ring? What is specifically banned from PG wrestling?

I'm aware that this question is probably a bit too broad for the Questions thread and probably deserves it's own thread, but I wanted to err on the side of caution.

How has televised wrestling developed in-ring from the 80s? Has there been any key progressions in terms of match length, tempo or general approach? Has anyone spotted any trends in terms of what televised matches from certain eras usually were? Basically, if you were to take two wrestlers fighting on Wrestling Challenge and teleport them to Attitude-er Raw, or WCW Saturday Night during the nWo, would there be any notable difference? I remember someone posting something from a magazine last week about Vince tightening up the restrictions on TV matches to try and make it more sportish like WCW. Was this common? What where they doing exactly?

And here's a related question that is probably easier to handle:

What is the difference between a PG show and a more adult rated show in-ring? What is specifically banned from PG wrestling?

So what degree you studying for then heh

If it takes three strikes when violating the WWE wellness policy before being removed from the company for atleast a year yet in accordance with the policy; all previous strikes are still valid upon returning to the company, how many strikes would a superstar have against their name?

Still? He never went. He's never left England after he was "signed" and then got into that spot of bother with the law the other year. A few promotions are putting him on their posters as a "WWE signee" yet until he's in Florida that all means naff all.