UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Yeah, something like that. Monty Brown's done with wrestling for good know though. He wasn't a spring chicken in TNA, if I remember. He pops up on the signing circuit, though.TNA had a star on their hands there. Not a John Cena type, but definitely someone who could have been a big fish in the medium size pond they were at the time.

Indeed they did. I fucking HATED that heel turn too. The very worst of TNA, that one was. He never reached that initial level again.

• Paid Members

Yeah, something like that. Monty Brown's done with wrestling for good know though. He wasn't a spring chicken in TNA, if I remember. He pops up on the signing circuit, though.TNA had a star on their hands there. Not a John Cena type, but definitely someone who could have been a big fish in the medium size pond they were at the time.

If I remember right, the problem was that TNA wanted him to start wrestling full time to improve his ring work but he was making too much money from his personal training business to justify giving it up to work Indy shows.Shame though because, you're right, he could've been a guy they built the company around back then.

• Paid Members

What's the best wrestling game on the Xbox 360 when it comes to game play? I basically just want something that's fun to play. If it helps, my absolute favorite wrestling games were the THQ ones for the N64 (which peaked with No Mercy).

Edited by nfc90210

What's the best wrestling game on the Xbox 360 when it comes to game play? I basically just want something that's fun to play. If it helps, my absolute favorite wrestling games were the THQ ones for the N64 (which peaked with No Mercy).

Apart from All Stars and Legends of WrestleMania, the WWE games are all pretty much the same in terms of gameplay. I managed about one match in Legends of WrestleMania before hating it. All Stars is fun, but rather limited in terms of match types and whatnot, and the roster isn't huge but has most of the big names (Hogan, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Cena, Michaels, Bret etc). It's much more casual than the N64 games were. It gets old quickly, but so does the gameplay in all the main WWE games. The new one that's out in a couple of weeks has the biggest attitude-era roster since the attitude era, so that might be good for N64-era nostalgia.

Ultimately, if you want a fun, arcadey beat-em-up with stylised characters, go for All Stars. If you want a sim with less fun core gameplay but more modes and a comprehensive roster, get WWE 13.

• Paid Members
Did any wrestlers before Mankind have different intro and exit music?

Not quite sure, but didn't Oz in WCW 1991? I'm sure he had quite menacing music, then the fireworks hit, then the Queen "Another One Bites The Dust" ripoff kicked in.

When he we won a match, the menacing music would kick in and he would leave the ringside area.

Probably wrong, but..