UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

The Fab Four was definitely a huge change of pace. Power Slam's review of it was one of shock and happiness. Fab Four was the standard for a while, if I remember. It was a big deal. Bret chilling at home talking about Stampede, Undertaker relatively out of character, Shawn talking about how he's percieved as being a cock, Davey Boy talking about SummerSlam and Dynamite. It was awesome for the time.

What was the first non-kayfabed WWE superstar DVD?

Fab Four's probably the best answer, but elements of the first two Steve Austin ones were like this too. Austin's run in ECW is covered (with footage), and the second one had a sit-down interview with JR about him becoming the top guy in the game, and not just in how he's the champion.

I remember how, after they started doing the videos (it wasn't DVDs back then) out of character, PowerSlam would go spastic if they released one where everyone kayfabed.

Are you thinking of the Kurt Angle one by chance? Fin had the biggest fucking period over that one.

• Paid Members
The Fab Four was definitely a huge change of pace.

Would I be right in thinking that all of the interviews were aired over four weeks on Sky Sports? Haven't watched it in years, but I remember the Bulldog's part being memorable.

Fab Four's probably the best answer, but elements of the first two Steve Austin ones were like this too. Austin's run in ECW is covered (with footage)

I remember ECW having a canary after finding out the WWF had used footage that they hadn't asked permission to use.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Would I be right in thinking that all of the interviews were aired over four weeks on Sky Sports? Haven't watched it in years, but I remember the Bulldog's part being memorable.

I think it was aired right after Summerslam 97, maybe a couple of weeks after. It was all aired in one piece from what I remember but I might be wrong.

I definitely remember it was to promote the One Night Only show hence why it was them 4 featured.

• Paid Members

Fab Four's probably the best answer, but elements of the first two Steve Austin ones were like this too. Austin's run in ECW is covered (with footage)

I remember ECW having a canary after finding out the WWF had used footage that they hadn't asked permission to use.

I vaguely recall it was specifically Joey Styles who was kicking up a fuss, asking for compensation because they used his commentary. I wonder if Heyman had tipped WWF the nod that he'd let it slide if they use the footage but for obvious reasons didn't make that widely known?

Didn't Fab four come out in about 95, I haven't seen it. But do have a tape recorded from Sky Sports, of interviews at home with Bret, Bulldog and Shawn.

Here is the Bulldog one. This was later than Fab four though. Right?

On Shawn Michaels trading cards in 92 his finisher was listed as a back suplex. I remember at the time with jobbers he would make out to go for the suplex see it was not needed and just push them over and pin them. Did he ever use the back suplex to finish a match?

On Shawn Michaels trading cards in 92 his finisher was listed as a back suplex. I remember at the time with jobbers he would make out to go for the suplex see it was not needed and just push them over and pin them. Did he ever use the back suplex to finish a match?

Yeah, for most squashes in 1992. Strange move, a bit like the angle slam in that it was hit or miss as to how good it looked. Depended on how the other guy took it.

He also used a plain old piledriver for a month or two before going on to estabish the superkick as a finisher.

Yes indeed. For example:

HBK Vs Ross Greenberg

• Paid Members

Yeah, for most squashes in 1992. Strange move, a bit like the angle slam in that it was hit or miss as to how good it looked. Depended on how the other guy took it.

He also used a plain old piledriver for a month or two before going on to estabish the superkick as a finisher.

I'm pretty sure Michaels' finisher on the old 'Royal Rumble' game on Megadrive was the back-suplex too.

Michaels used the teardrop suplex as a finisher for ages, and the piledriver for ages. I don't think he used the superkick as a finisher until around the time he first won the Royal Rumble. I could be wrong on this, but after he stopped using the piledriver, he was managing and doing squash tags with Diesel where he'd tag in and pin them after the jacknife. It was only after they split up and HBK started the push to the Rumble that he was properly finishing people with the superkick.