UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Didn't the Star really run with the Benoit/steroid/sleaze and make up a load of stuff (killed Daniel with the crossface, did a flying headbutt for a near-fall before that etc)? I could imagine them not taking too kindly to that. Only a guess, mind.

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
Listening to the Wrestling Observer Radio a few days ago, and Meltzer brought up that he's surprised WWE let someone (I forget) be interviewed by the Daily Star,

Probably not the exact reason why the WWE hates, but I remember in the early nineties they used to try and "out" WWF wrestlers. Earthquake kept on being mentioned as being gay, even though he wasn't.

• Paid Members
They might just not like that Eugene-looking cunt who writes for The Star and pals around with Alex Shane.

This one?

1gPhA.jpg

I just like an excuse to post that pic of him looking slightly smug after the most pointless promo in the history of wrestling.

• Moderators
Listening to the Wrestling Observer Radio a few days ago, and Meltzer brought up that he's surprised WWE let someone (I forget) be interviewed by the Daily Star,

Probably not the exact reason why the WWE hates, but I remember in the early nineties they used to try and "out" WWF wrestlers. Earthquake kept on being mentioned as being gay, even though he wasn't.

Oh wow. I've got to hear more about this.

• Moderators
Was it ever nailed on confirmed just who "Willie the Worker" was back in 2003? I seem to recall RVD being the favourite, but the whole thing just went away again.

On the lines of things like that that were BIG NEWZ at the time but just went away, didn't that TNA Insider on Twitter thing fizzle out too?

• Paid Members

Does anyone know who that Nitro mascot (Wildcat Willie) was? Most people say it was Lanny Poffo but I'm sure he said it was balls.

While on the subject of Poffo, who else besides Leaping Lanny and Nailz were paid by WCW for years and wrestled naff all?

• Paid Members

Is there any truth to the rumour that Regal once battered Van Hammer in a backstage fight?

• Paid Members

From how I recall hearing it, it wasn't backstage but at a party at some wrestler's house (possibly DDP's). And it was less a fight and more Van Hammer being a dick all night until Regal just walked over and nutted him, which put an end to the problem.

• Paid Members

Had to be DDP's house. Every shoot interview I've seen from a ex-WCW wrestler they bring up "we were at DDP's Christmas Party" or something like that. Its strange how DDP has a lot of hate from certain people from that time period, because he seems the perfect host.

Also incredible to think how DDP go so royally done over in the WWF, when you look at his mates - Austin, Foley, Big Show, Nash, Hall, Hogan, Bischoff, Triple H etc. Saying that, when DDP debuted, there was no Foley around, no Nash, no Hogan, Big Show was in the dog house for most of 2001 and Triple H was out with his quad injury. According to Raven, Austin was apparently burned out (as was the case when he walked out not long after) and even cussed out Raven in the locker room and they'd been friends for years, so I doubt DDP was top of his list of worries at the time. I do wonder if Triple H wasn't sat at home for most of 2001, if DDP would have been treated how he was?

Edited by The_BarbarIAN