UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Who was planned to be the Higher Power or was it planned to be Vince all along?

Although I loved his quote when he revealed himself, it made no sense.

It was always going to be Vince. Unless you believe Sky Text, and it was either going to be Mike Tyson or Shawn Stasiak.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Does anyone know when Undertaker remaining undefeated at Wrestlemania first became a concrete booking idea? I can't imagine that Vince had 'the streak' in mind when booking Undertaker against Snuka etc.

Are there any references to 'the streak' during the 90s? Or did Vince just realise one day in 2005 that he'd never booked an Undertaker loss at Wrestlemania?

• Moderators
Who was planned to be the Higher Power or was it planned to be Vince all along?

Although I loved his quote when he revealed himself, it made no sense.

It was always going to be Vince. Unless you believe Sky Text, and it was either going to be Mike Tyson or Shawn Stasiak.

662! I'm still waiting for The Fog to debut like everyone was saying was just around the corner on Sky Text in 1999.

Does anyone know when Undertaker remaining undefeated at Wrestlemania first became a concrete booking idea? I can't imagine that Vince had 'the streak' in mind when booking Undertaker against Snuka etc.

Are there any references to 'the streak' during the 90s? Or did Vince just realise one day in 2005 that he'd never booked an Undertaker loss at Wrestlemania?

According to an article on Slam Wrestling, Kevin Kelley was the first person to point it out:

Kelly, who is now the Ring of Honor lead announcer, witnessed some of his favourite wrestling matches at WrestleMania.He said that it was he who realized The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak, which WWE happily capitalizes on at every WrestleMania.

"I actually was the first person who pointed out that The Undertaker was undefeated at WrestleMania. It was while I was writing notes for J.R. [Jim Ross] and the Jerry 'The King' Lawler for their commentary at WrestleMania 19.

• Paid Members

According to an article on Slam Wrestling, Kevin Kelley was the first person to point it out:

Kelly, who is now the Ring of Honor lead announcer, witnessed some of his favourite wrestling matches at WrestleMania.He said that it was he who realized The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak, which WWE happily capitalizes on at every WrestleMania.

"I actually was the first person who pointed out that The Undertaker was undefeated at WrestleMania. It was while I was writing notes for J.R. [Jim Ross] and the Jerry 'The King' Lawler for their commentary at WrestleMania 19.

surely its been mentioned before that? Taker himself mentioned that at the ned of mania 18, he had beaten 10 people? So it has to of been mentioned surely?

• Paid Members

Gorilla Monsoon mentioned that Undertaker had never lost at WrestleMania when he wrestled King Kong Bundy.

When is TNA shown on Challenge? I'm talking PPV's, Impacts, Xplosions and repeats.

First run wise Impact is on every Tuesday at 10, Xplosion is on straight afterwards. The ppvs are shown on the Wednesday after they happen. Impact is repeated on Saturday nights at 10. Dunno if ppvs get a repeat.

Cheers hombre....my house has finally been upgraded to a digital house so I can now get challenge.

The first mention I hear of it was at Wrestlemania 11 however I dont recall it being mentioned by taker himself to WM17 and probably wasnt mentioned at all between them. Would have to review the shows to check though. From Mania 18 was when it became a bigger point and really from orton a massive mania selling point

• Paid Members

a semi answer semi question. The first match I can think of that revolves in some element around ending the streak in the story was Orton. Was there one before that i've forgotten

Mania 20 was when they really started making a big deal of the streak. I suspect if it had been such a big thing before then they wouldn't have had him in a handicap (or tag) match at 19. It does kind of mess up the flow of opponents.