UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I watch very little WWE these days, but I've only heard Edge and Christian referred to as each others 'very good friend' (which makes them sound like a gay couple) have WWE acknowledged that their being brothers was a work? If so why?

They stopped being referred to as brothers years ago. They've been childhood friends since around the time Edge's book came out.

Would i be right in thinking that there was an archive of old Wrestling Observer Newsletter's flaoting around here at some point. THink they might have been from the late 80's.

I subscribe to the site now so have the 1992/1993 archives but could have sworn i seen older ones somewhere.

In the WCW in the year 1995 what came first the last nitro of the year or Starrcade?

The last Nitro was on Xmas Day. Starrcade came 2 days later. First Nitro of 1996 was New Years Day.

Yep, and the Christmas Day Nitro doesn't even mention Starrcade. Seriously - that Starrcade gets almost zero build on the company's hottest new show.

WCW was weird.

• Paid Members

Hulk Hogan was filming Thunder in Paradise at the time. No point promoting a none-Hulkster WCW PPV, because they usually didn't draw shit without him anyway. And it featured a bunch of Japanese lads. That years Starrcade was treated like a B-PPV by the WCW top brass.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Hulk Hogan was filming Thunder in Paradise at the time. No point promoting a none-Hulkster WCW PPV, because they usually didn't draw shit without him anyway. And it featured a bunch of Japanese lads. That years Starrcade was treated like a B-PPV by the WCW top brass.

They didn't even treat it like that though. It was basically a non-event. I think they mentioned the world title change on the next Nitro, but other than that it was like it never happened at all.

Still, I got to see Benoit/Liger and Guerrero/Ohtani live, so I'm not complaining.