UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Put me in the Nitro camp too. Nitro (and latterly Thunder too), pause for breath then the Raw repeat over on Sky. At the time, it was brilliant.

In hindsight, a social life might have been preferable.

• Paid Members

I remember flicking between Raw and Nitro at my Gran's. Nitro was the one where someone had a Tiger come out with them and David Flair got handcuffed and jacknifed by Nash.

• Moderators
I think around that time I was 13/14 and preferred watching the wrestling on a Friday/Saturday evening rather than drinking White Lightning behind the library.

I stopped about 8:45 giving me enough time to get home and pour myself a nice glass of Tizer.

I can think of 3:

- The Patriot challenged Bret for the WWF Title in his first ppv at Ground Zero 1997.

- King Kong Bundy challenged Hogan for the Title in his first ppv at WrestleMania 2 (bearing in mind WM1 wasn't on ppv)

- Ted Dibiase challeneged for the vacant Title in his first ppv at WrestleMania 4

dibase fought in the first round first so in theory his first match wasnt a world title match. ive got 2 other names not mentioned.

Whos first ppv match was a world title match. I can think of 2.

Hogan on *WCW PPV* in 1994. Can't think of the other one.

Sorry i meant whose first wwe/wwf ppv match was a world title match. I have 2 names

Hulk Hogan's first WWF PPV (The Wrestling Classic - November 1985) was a WWF title match as well.

The Berzerker and Sid Justice all had title shots on their debut PPV's at Royal Rumble 92.

Is this a quiz or a question Sivy? Who's your two?

quiz and question, sid's 1

berzerker wrestled at Survivor Series (1991).

Edited by sivy

• Paid Members

To be fair, its not much of a quiz when you ask for 2 names and the Patriot, King Kong Bundy and Sid Justice are mentioned and your still after more names. Bradley Walsh's jobs save.

Also, Roddy Piper's first PPV appearance was at The Wrestling Classic against Hulk Hogan.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

To be fair, its not much of a quiz when you ask for 2 names and the Patriot, King Kong Bundy and Sid Justice are mentioned and your still after more names. Bradley Walsh's jobs save.

Also, Roddy Piper's first PPV appearance was at The Wrestling Classic against Hulk Hogan.

i said i had 2 they could be more i thought i'd ask here. so really its any half question, half quiz.

after the ones mentioned their's still one more i can think off whats not been mentioned.

Has there been a World Champion in any of the major US promotions in the past 25 years that has either been a heel or a face for their entire career and have never turned? The only one I can think of is The Ultimate Warrior, unless he was heel earlier in his career.

Has there been a World Champion in any of the major US promotions in the past 25 years that has either been a heel or a face for their entire career and have never turned? The only one I can think of is The Ultimate Warrior, unless he was heel earlier in his career.

I thought he was a heel when he in the Blade Runners with Sting. Could be wrong though.

• Paid Members

Was Ricky Steamboat ever a heel?

• Paid Members

Steamboat wanted to but they wouldnt let him. He said in an interview: "It was the early nineties, I think '91 when I was working with the WWF and I went up to Pat Patterson and told him I wanted to try and work as a heel as least one time in my career. Paterson looked at me and said: "Steamboat, you're the consummate baby face. I can send you out to the ring with a chainsaw and you can cut off both of Hulk Hogan's arms, and the fans just wouldn't believe it." I was kind of let down by it because I really did want to try and work as a heel." Rick Steamboat is the obvious answer to this question. He was such a lovely bloke wasnt he?

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart