UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Was that Terry Taylor vs El Matador match from the Vintage Collection this week the one that was featured on the old "WWF Grudge Matches" tape? Taylor got quite the face reaction during that bout. Poor Tito. :(

If it went to a 10 minute time limit draw, it was.

Taylor had about a handful of taped appearances during that run. A squash v Dusty Wolfe or some other ham n egger, RAW matches v Crush and Perfect, and matches for VHS releases vs Savage and Tito, maybe one or two more. I'd be amazed (and eager to see it) if there was another match v El Matator.

It's a shame Terry Taylor wasn't used more, he was a pretty solid hand and could've been good in the 'Rick Martel' spot for when he buggered off every few months.

Edit: he also had a fun little competitive match with Jimmy Powers that's up on youtube

Yeah, i realise most of that's completely irrelevant to the question being asked, sorry Baz. But what the hell - how often is Terry Taylor talked about on here?... :)

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
Was that Terry Taylor vs El Matador match from the Vintage Collection this week the one that was featured on the old "WWF Grudge Matches" tape? Taylor got quite the face reaction during that bout. Poor Tito. :(

Looking at the synopsis on the EPG where Im sure it said Typhoon v Kamala and Shawn v Backlund, it was ALL ripped from that tape.

Fun fact! That match aired on the 26th Oct 92 Prime Time and was actually taped October 12th in Saskatoon.... the same day Bret took the WWF title off the Nature Boy.

When was WWF first shown on The Sky Channel?

I'm not entirely sure but I can re-call seeing the match between Roberts and Steamboat where Steamboat bought out that Kimono lizard, which if IRC was 1986. I don't think SKY would've bothered showing back dated stuff. Funnily enough I've been converting a load of old SKY WWF VHS tapes to DVD this week and most of that is from early 1987.

• Paid Members
Vintage collection was horrendous this week! Perhaps because Kamala, Taylor, Matador and Backlund are amongst my least favourite acts ever. Just so tedious. Thanks the lord for Marty Jannetty.

You don't like Tito or just Tito as El Matador?

I don't think I've seen a Tito match I've not enjoyed.

• Paid Members

He never clicked with Rick Martel IMHO. Just didn't work well together.

They should have torn the house down with a feud after the break-up of the "Strike Force", but Martel got the upper hand quickly, and the matches were always rotten.

Vintage collection was horrendous this week! Perhaps because Kamala, Taylor, Matador and Backlund are amongst my least favourite acts ever. Just so tedious. Thanks the lord for Marty Jannetty.

You don't like Tito or just Tito as El Matador?

I don't think I've seen a Tito match I've not enjoyed.

Must be honest I have never really like Tito either. He was a good wrestling, just never really liked him.

Dunno why!

He never clicked with Rick Martel IMHO. Just didn't work well together.

They should have torn the house down with a feud after the break-up of the "Strike Force", but Martel got the upper hand quickly, and the matches were always rotten.

they had a belter on a snme when martel returned as the model.