UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

1991 for me. Davey Boy's union jack get up, Harts bringing the pink, Earthquake's blue duvet cover, and CLASSIC Perfect yellow leotard, brighter than the sun.

Got a 4 hour train journey on Tuesday, plus the return journey the following Monday so wanna get some new podcasts on my iPod to kill some time. Anyone know any good wrestling ones worth a listen?

If your not adverse to listening to old ones, the wrestle slam ones from the Sun on the I-tunes store are actually ok, there's a Bret one, A Flair one, Stone Cold and a recent Jeff Jarrett one on there to name a few. They run about 40 minutes each.

• Paid Members
My favourite El Matador moment was the 1993 Royal Rumble when he came in and the whole ring was filled with lovely bright colours. You had Martel's pink, Backlund's red, Randy Savage's light green, Matador's green and pink combo. It was so colourful in them days. I miss the colour.

I agree. People still seem to think it's 1998 and black and white/red is the only way to look cool. To me Warrior, Surfer Sting and Bret Hart still look cool when I watch them from the early 90s. Cena's merch and Alberto Del Rios gold/white combo are glimmers of hope.

• Paid Members
Is it true Shane Douglas now works in Wal Mart?

He's a manager at Target. Ric Flair likes to take the piss out of him for it, but the lads The Franchise works with have never drove away on a bus without him before on any team building exercise.

He didn't save his money very well then did he? He was on a fair whack in WCW i'd have imagined?

Mind you, a manager at a store is hardly minimum wage either is it?

• Paid Members
He didn't save his money very well then did he? He was on a fair whack in WCW i'd have imagined?

Compared to Flair, who would you rather be at this point in their respective lives? He'll get himself a decent salary that pays the bills, probably a pension too so he actually gets to retire one day.

Flair will wrestle til the day he dies because he can't afford not to. He'll never know when to stop. He'll carry on til he's dead and he drops.

He overdid it, doll.

• Paid Members
My favourite El Matador moment was the 1993 Royal Rumble when he came in and the whole ring was filled with lovely bright colours. You had Martel's pink, Backlund's red, Randy Savage's light green, Matador's green and pink combo. It was so colourful in them days. I miss the colour.

Absolutely. I miss colourful attire, face paint, strange nicknames, wrestlers who have two jobs and proper names for tag teams, complete with punderful finisher.

Compared to Flair, who would you rather be at this point in their respective lives? He'll get himself a decent salary that pays the bills, probably a pension too so he actually gets to retire one day.

Flair will wrestle til the day he dies because he can't afford not to. He'll never know when to stop. He'll carry on til he's dead and he drops.

He overdid it, doll.

According to Meltzer, this is pretty much a myth. Flair has millions put away in retirement accounts. The divorces and whatnot have only meant he has to keep working to keep living the kind of lifestyle he enjoys, and to continue to feed his mammoth ego.