UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Does anyone know why WWE can use the old WWF block logo but can't use the old WWF scratch logo?

Because they had an agreement which said they could use the old block logo and the name World Wrestling Federation at the time. They broke that agreement when they replaced the logo and started to use the WWF abbreviation all over the place.

Was there any kind of Tribute Show for JC Bailey?

I believe there was, but not on the scale of the Acid Fest indy fed.

It was run by his father Larry Bailey

Thanks for that mate. I watched the Acid fest show, propperly enjoyed it too, the little Royal Rumble was fun and there was a couple of decent names in. Good to see guys like the SATs and Carnage crew resurfacing for the show too. There was a really good feel to it all.

Was JC's show recorded / released do you know bud?

• Paid Members
Can anybody explain the whole WWE thing at TNA Turning Point 04?

TNA turned up at the filming of the rumble advert at Orlando studios trying to be all cutting edge, WWE played there face a bit, TNA showed the footage with WWE names badly blurred after mocking HHH and Vince to try and score some points and look all big.

That my understanding of it, watch out for R-Truth stealing some salad like a real rebel.

Nothing else of of note happens, its just Shane Douglas and abyss with some balloons and Dogg and R-truth stealing salad and talking to Rey.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

It was a cleverly done skit and from what I remember TNA was praised for how well they made the company look and highlighted how hypocritical WWE were for calling their wrestlers into a little room away from the TNA cameras, after they did the same with WCW. If TNA tried the same thing today, it would probably be over the top and shoddy and with TNA coming out looking like shite, but whoever came up with the idea did it with humour and a sense of fun. One thing about the 04-06 TNA era was that when they mentioned WWE, they always took their time and tried to highlight what they did better than WWE. As much as I can enjoy TNA these days, the constant WWE references are tiresome.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
It was a cleverly done skit and from what I remember TNA was praised for how well they made the company look and highlighted how hypocritical WWE were for calling their wrestlers into a little room away from the TNA cameras, after they did the same with WCW. If TNA tried the same thing today, it would probably be over the top and shoddy and with TNA coming out looking like shite, but whoever came up with the idea did it with humour and a sense of fun.

Now I thought it looked really shoddy and pathetic, like they were trying hard to be seen. Then again I hate anything like that so I'm probably biased. The actual footage was pointless for the most part I though, unless I'm forgetting some thing.