UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
What was the storyline/build-up for Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels at Survivor Series 92, and vs. Razor Ramon at Royal Rumble 93?

I don't know about the HBK one, but didn't old Razor attack Owen Hart, when Owen Hart, was having a sit-down interview with someone? (I think it was about Bret winning the title). I remember Hart sitting talking, then Ramon rushed out, and clotheslined Owen out of his seat, then put the boots to him. Bret obviously didn't like that, so he challenged him to a bout.

Edited by bAzTNM

I dont really remember any major build-up to Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart, As far as i can remember, there were no real angles at all. They conducted a few interviews apiece on Superstars but that about it. I think they were pushing the fact that Hart was making a lot of recognised title defences since winning the belt. Also, Michaels was involved in a feud with Marty Jannetty IIRC

• Paid Members
I dont really remember any major build-up to Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart, As far as i can remember, there were no real angles at all. They conducted a few interviews apiece on Superstars but that about it. I think they were pushing the fact that Hart was making a lot of recognised title defences since winning the belt. Also, Michaels was involved in a feud with Marty Jannetty IIRC

I believe they were actually pushing a Bulldog - HBK Intercontinental Title match, at the time. Bret Hart was supposed to face The Mountie, but the Bulldog ran away with the Warrior, and it was changed to Bret Hart - HBK. Can't remember what The Mountie ended up doing. Things got changed around pretty quick IIRC.

I remember reading the WWF Magazine at the time, way back in 1992.

Edited by bAzTNM

I believe they were actually pushing a Bulldog - HBK Intercontinental Title match, at the time. Bret Hart was supposed to face The Mountie, but the Bulldog ran away with the Warrior, and it was changed to Bret Hart - HBK. Can't remember what The Mountie ended up doing. Things got changed around pretty quick IIRC.

From what I remember from WWF magazine the original card included HBK vs Bret for the world title and Bulldog vs the mountie for the IC title. The IC title match was scrapped when the belt changed and I'm fairly sure the mountie vanished around that time before returning in mid 93 as one of the quebeccers.

From what I remember from WWF magazine the original card included HBK vs Bret for the world title and Bulldog vs the mountie for the IC title. The IC title match was scrapped when the belt changed and I'm fairly sure the mountie vanished around that time before returning in mid 93 as one of the quebeccers.

Cawthon's History of WWE site has it down that Jacques Rougeau quit on October 26th 1992 after a 30-second loss to Bret Hart and the Bulldog vs Michaels title change was taped the day after. I cant really see The Mountie being in the title match at the PPV, but the same website has Rick Martel subbing for Rougeau in house show main events vs Bret Hart in mid-November.

Cawthon's History of WWE site has it down that Jacques Rougeau quit on October 26th 1992 after a 30-second loss to Bret Hart and the Bulldog vs Michaels title change was taped the day after. I cant really see The Mountie being in the title match at the PPV, but the same website has Rick Martel subbing for Rougeau in house show main events vs Bret Hart in mid-November.

I'd love to see some of those matches.

• Paid Members
From what I remember from WWF magazine the original card included HBK vs Bret for the world title and Bulldog vs the mountie for the IC title. The IC title match was scrapped when the belt changed

This is correct.

I think they played it out as Shawn had beat Bulldog for the IC Title and Bulldog had only beat Bret for the Title 3 months earlier. Shawn challenged Bret to the match stating if Bulldog could beat him then so could Shawn as he had beaten Bulldog for the IC Title.

Or something like that.

• Paid Members

Sorry if this has been asked. Has the WWE stopped removing videos from Youtube? I'm currently watching early 90's goodness. A couple of years ago, I would click on a match and it would've been removed. What's happening?

• Paid Members
Sorry if this has been asked. Has the WWE stopped removing videos from Youtube? I'm currently watching early 90's goodness. A couple of years ago, I would click on a match and it would've been removed. What's happening?

WWE must not know about it. People must not be reporting them.

Is the WWE TV contract up for renewal next year? WWE 24/7 coming soon, perhaps? Thanks.

Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members
I think they played it out as Shawn had beat Bulldog for the IC Title and Bulldog had only beat Bret for the Title 3 months earlier. Shawn challenged Bret to the match stating if Bulldog could beat him then so could Shawn as he had beaten Bulldog for the IC Title.

Or something like that.

Yep, that was exactly what Shawn said leading into the match.

Bulldog beat Bret for the title, Shawn beat Bulldog for it after, ergo Shawn would beat Bret.