UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Bret v Shawn was originally intended to be the blow-off to their feud, no titles involved at all. They had been feuding over the summer and Michaels was originally pencilled in to relieve Bret of the Intercontinental title at SummerSlam (originally scheduled for Washington) until they changed gears and went to Wembley instead. But hey, just because there was no title anymore they still had an issue to resolve.

Then Davey Boy got into trouble and had to drop the belt to Michaels, then Flair got hurt so they needed a new champion, and it was Bret. Hence, champion v champion at Survivor Series. Was a worthier main event than Flair/Razor v Ultimate Maniacs would have been anyway.

Let's see...

4 WWF/E Championships

1 World Heavyweight Championship

1 WCW World Championship

2 TNA World Championships

That makes 8.

So you could add his World Tag Team Title reigns - one in TNA and one in WWE, and that makes 10.

Then there's his amateur freestyle wrestling title that he won in 1995, bringing it to 11.

I assume the IWGP Third Belt Championship also counts in some way, which makes 12.

Damn, that's a wooly boast.

Let's see...

4 WWF/E Championships

1 World Heavyweight Championship

1 WCW World Championship

2 TNA World Championships

That makes 8.

So you could add his World Tag Team Title reigns - one in TNA and one in WWE, and that makes 10.

Then there's his amateur freestyle wrestling title that he won in 1995, bringing it to 11.

I assume the IWGP Third Belt Championship also counts in some way, which makes 12.

Damn, that's a wooly boast.

Ah right, thanks for that. I knew he wasnt a 12 time world champion in wrestling ie WWE, World, WCW and TNA reigns. Interesting to see how far TNA will go to make their wrestlers sound more impressive :laugh:

bAz is incorrectly linking the currently Michaels/JBL storyline to the film 'The Wrestler' which has just been released, when its actually more to do with the credit crunch that is affecting everyone at the moment. Michaels basically said that he spent all his early ninities money on parties, his late ninities/early two-thousand money on church and charities and lost the little he had saved and invested in the stock market tumble. JBL offered Michaels the job of his lackey, which Michaels has had to accept because he is skint and needs to look after his family. Its an interesting angle, which is unfortunately hampered by the fact that its difficult to really believe that Michaels is broke, but they're actually trying their hardest to make it work, with little segments with Hunter and stuff. Plus giving the staredown between JBL and Michaels on RAW was about the only thing the crowd reacted to on the whole show, it seems to be working a bit.

Bret v Shawn was originally intended to be the blow-off to their feud

It wasn't really a high-profile feud by that point, though, was it? The only match I can recall between them pre-Survivor Series 92 is the ladder match, which was from a house show and then released on Coliseum Home Video if I recall correctly.

Whilst we're on the subject of Survivor Series 92, I know Perfect replaced him in the tag match against Razor and Flair, but how was Warrior's disapperance explained?

Much appreciated, guys.

Edited by Vice

Whilst we're on the subject of Survivor Series 92, I know Perfect replaced him in the tag match against Razor and Flair, but how was Warrior's disapperance explained?

According to the February 1993 edition of the WWF Magazine, it say that "Savage's partner abandoned him without warning". They didn't even refer to the Warrior by his name.

bAz is incorrectly linking the currently Michaels/JBL storyline to the film 'The Wrestler' which has just been released, when its actually more to do with the credit crunch that is affecting everyone at the moment. Michaels basically said that he spent all his early ninities money on parties, his late ninities/early two-thousand money on church and charities and lost the little he had saved and invested in the stock market tumble. JBL offered Michaels the job of his lackey, which Michaels has had to accept because he is skint and needs to look after his family. Its an interesting angle, which is unfortunately hampered by the fact that its difficult to really believe that Michaels is broke, but they're actually trying their hardest to make it work, with little segments with Hunter and stuff. Plus giving the staredown between JBL and Michaels on RAW was about the only thing the crowd reacted to on the whole show, it seems to be working a bit.

Wow. That sounds like a really bad idea to me. I watched Smackdown earlier and seen their Raw recap from the week with qualifying matches for the four way and wondered what the hell was going on. I agree they are trying their best to make it work, but I think it was a bad idea to start with now I know the reasons behind it. As you say its hard to believe Michaels is broke and wrestling is supposed to make you believe in anything going on in the show. Oh well I guess the casual fan will get into the storyline more than the IWC.

Why is it so hard to believe that Michaels is broke? Ric Flair was legitimately broke, and nobody seemed to have any problems comprehending that.

In fact, wrestlers have a huge reputation for blowing wads of cash on alcohol and the like - with Michaels' background, I can't think of anyone more apt to undertake this storyline leading up to Wrestlemania...

Why is it so hard to believe that Michaels is broke? Ric Flair was legitimately broke, and nobody seemed to have any problems comprehending that.

In fact, wrestlers have a huge reputation for blowing wads of cash on alcohol and the like - with Michaels' background, I can't think of anyone more apt to undertake this storyline leading up to Wrestlemania...

Yeah but we all know Shawn is a man of the bible these days.

I can buy the story of HBK being broke and needing some extra wad, and having JBL "employ" him to help him financially, it just doesn't make sense, because surely he is still employed by WWE too, and they pay him a decent sum, so how can JBL say things like Shawn Michaels is or is not wrestling tonight because I say he is or is not, surely that's up to Stephanie McMahon etc. I suppose you have to allow for small logical flaws with most wrestling storylines.