UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Is it Lee Majors/The Six Million Dollar Man? Perhaps in reference to the episode of the show where he had a fight with Andre. I am prepared to be very wrong about this, it's just that the guy is wearing the right tracksuit and there's a tie-in that makes sense.

Glee-Six-Million-Dollar-Man-Jane-Lynch-Lee-Majors.jpg

Andre_the_giant_as_Bigfoot.jpeg

Jane Lynch is not relevant to my theory by the way. Please ignore Jane Lynch.

If I am horribly wrong about this, I am still glad I did a bit of sleuthing and found some excellent photos of Andre's appearance on said show.

Edited by JLM

Is there any footage of Jim Carrey's appearance on Raw during the promotion of Man on the Moon. I've heard a little bit about it but never seen it...or the film for that matter. I've searched Youtube but can't find it.

I'm fairly sure Carrey has never appeared on WWF tv.

The only promotion of that film I remember on telly from the time was Lawler on commentary talking about giving him a slap following that (worked) story making it into the mainstream newspapers in America and over here. There was an article in WWF Magazine about JR & Lawler filming their scenes, but that was as far as it went iirc.

• Paid Members
Did Andre do the Six Million Dollar Man as well then? I was only watching the Fall Guy with Andre in it the other day. Him and Lee Majors must have been bros.

Supposedly Majors could keep up with Andre drink for drink.

Is there any footage of Jim Carrey's appearance on Raw during the promotion of Man on the Moon. I've heard a little bit about it but never seen it...or the film for that matter. I've searched Youtube but can't find it.

I'm fairly sure Carrey has never appeared on WWF tv.

The only promotion of that film I remember on telly from the time was Lawler on commentary talking about giving him a slap following that (worked) story making it into the mainstream newspapers in America and over here. There was an article in WWF Magazine about JR & Lawler filming their scenes, but that was as far as it went iirc.

He has - kind of

• Paid Members

I don't suppose footage of this ever leaked out, did it?

In 1993, WCW brought in manager Robert Fuller under the guise of the Col. Robert Parker

Last I read, they wont put singles matches on him on their DVDs. They only feature him if its an Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series or something. Or even if he's mentioned in passing on a WCW DVD by a talking head. They wont promote him though. They cut out a lot of the commentary of the War Games 97 match when he was in the ring at the start because they were putting him over strong. If a new Jericho DVD comes out, you wont see a singles match of Benoit on there.

On the back of this, do you or does anyone else reckon Royal Rumble of 2004 is consigned to history then?

Would anyone know if there has ever been a match between Prince Devitt and Akira Tozawa?

I don't believe there has, and I've got a fairly good guess as to why. It would be a great match for sure but with neither man really making forays into the other's "home turf" (I think Devitt has wrestled once for Dragon Gate and that's it) then it would have to be put on by a third party promotion, and given their respective standings with Devitt being one of the long-term most pushed guys of New Japan's junior division and Tozawa being one of the aces of Dragon Gate for roughly the same lengthy of time, anyone booking that match would probably have a very tough time convincing either office to book their man in that match and lose.

That's how you end up with shit like heavily promoted 5 minute matches that end by count-out, or you insert Elix Skipper at the last minute to make it a three-way because neither office will let their guy job... :sneaky:

Cheers for the reply. I just wondered as thats a match i could see getting used here rather than in Japan. But you're right, i'm sure both promotions wouldn't want their guy to lose.

• Paid Members
(Snipped) .. If a new Jericho DVD comes out, you wont see a singles match of Benoit on there.

On the back of this, do you or does anyone else reckon Royal Rumble of 2004 is consigned to history then?

I think that's correct. Same with Wrestlemania XX. Whole period is a wash-out now. You might see the match with Orton at Summerslam 2004 because he gets his arse handed to him there and loses the belt. You'll probably see the ending of any match in which he loses.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Team debuted in WCW in August 1993 (according to that HistoryofWWE site). On their debut, they were called Harlem Heat. Can't find any mention of "Posse". I've got a team called Southern Posse, but they were different guys right? Sure they were a jobber-like team. Wasn't one of them Phineas Godwinn?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Team debuted in WCW in August 1993 (according to that HistoryofWWE site). On their debut, they were called Harlem Heat. Can't find any mention of "Posse". I've got a team called Southern Posse, but they were different guys right? Sure they were a jobber-like team. Wasn't one of them Phineas Godwinn?

This is the earliest appearance of Harlem Heat on WCW Worldwide 1993. Think the date is August 14th. Nice matching attires. Debut match on Worldwide too.

Edited by iamthedoctor