UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I was watching the Clash of the Champions DVD last night. One of the last matches is Dean Malenko vs. Ultimo Dragon from a 1997 edition, but there seems to be some sort of fracas going on in the crowd that has everyone turned around gawking at. Does any one know what was going on?

Hey guys, I've just booked three weeks in Japan this coming October (I live in Vietnam and Air Asia had a deal - via Kuala Lumpur, under 200 pounds return!!). So, taking the Mrs and planning on seeing the sights and, of course, plenty of pro wrestling. Now, I've tried using the search engine but when I type anything in I just seem to get a return of, well, every bloody topic ever! I know that some of you have taken the trip yourselves and in the past there has been some really interesting write ups regarding not only the wrestling but the whole Japan experience. I'd really appreciate if someone could link me to these past threads, they would be really useful to read. Also, if anyone is is willing to drop me a line with any tips, please do! Thanks in advance.Blue

• Paid Members

My account of my two trips to Japan for puro is below, although it was strictly a vanity project, rather than intending to be informative or interesting :

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=126905...t&p=2421122

It's a piece of piss getting around on the train. Go to Akihabara for looking at crazy electronics, Harujuku to stare at the pretty colours and wackily dressed people, Shinjuku for eating and drinking surrounded by beautiful neon buildings, Asakusa to see the Sensō-ji temple, and Ueno for the zoo, to see the pandas!

If you plan to see rasslin at either Sumo Hall or Korakuen Hall (which for a three week stay, I expect you will), use Purolove to view the companies' schedules and see what's on, get the train to Dome City and get your tickets from the ticket office a few days before. There's nearly always someone about that speaks decent broken English if you don't speak Japanese. When you go to Korakuen remember to take a marker pen so you can doodle or write on the wall.

kora.jpg

Thanks air_raid, all really good stuff. Yeah, I fly into Tokyo but hope to get around and see as much of the country as possible. I literally booked it on a whim so, although I've always wanted to visit Japan, I have no real idea (bar the wrestling) on what I want to do there. Thanks for the link!

• Paid Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV16k-eCxh4

This is the tribute video to Lord Alfred Hayes when he passed away. At 1.03 in the video, he is waving to the crowd in the ring at what is clearly Summerslam 1992. However at no point in the sky sports or silver vision version does Hayes ever appear in the ring, being introduced to the live crowd. Why and when was this if anyone has a clue?

Just popped in my head before that Austin/Taker at Fully Loaded '99 is probably my favourite match of all time and it got me thinking that it's probably the definitive Attitude era match

That was the one match, more than any other, where I can vividly remember sitting there for 5 minutes after the show just feeling absolutely gutted that the show was over... and that we'd have to wait for Friday to see the next chapter. Not watched it since the live airing, should take another look really. They could do no wrong at the time. Edited by AshC

• Paid Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV16k-eCxh4This is the tribute video to Lord Alfred Hayes when he passed away. At 1.03 in the video, he is waving to the crowd in the ring at what is clearly Summerslam 1992. However at no point in the sky sports or silver vision version does Hayes ever appear in the ring, being introduced to the live crowd. Why and when was this if anyone has a clue?

All the announcers usually get introduced before the show or at intermission. Lord Alfred was a roving reporter that night, so it was probably an untelevised thing. I know as a kid, I personally wouldn't have been to excited to see Lord Alfred do the long walk down the Wembely ramp just to wave and then fuck off again. That would have been a right fart on. Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It's taken from a bit at the live show (not aired on PPV or the VHS release) where they introduce various dignitaries. It included Hayes, Larry Hennig and Pat "I'm back now, I've definitely been away the whole time" Patterson among others. Most people had no clue who they were.

• Paid Members

It's taken from a bit at the live show (not aired on PPV or the VHS release) where they introduce various dignitaries. It included Hayes, Larry Hennig and Pat "I'm back now, I've definitely been away the whole time" Patterson among others. Most people had no clue who they were.

Hayes is a decent choice for that - he definitely has some UK recognition, as my parents remembered him as "Judo" Al Hayes.

• Paid Members

How odd, no idea where in the live show they would have slotted that in.