UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Has there been any news on Daizee Haze since it was announced she was taking some time out, presumably for being the approximate weight of a munch bunch dessert? Quick web search didn't turn anything up.

She accompanied MsChif at a reunion Dynamo Pro Wrestling show in Glen Carbon, IL on December 1. She didn't wrestle though.

182387_474216169286693_2145614301_n.jpg

Just looking at the biggest disappointment of 2012 thread and looking at the gif. Which leads me to this question..

At No Way Out 1998, was Savio Vega meant to be the replacement for Shawn Michaels in the big tag match? I was watching the PPV recently and he just doesn't seem like the ideal replacement for the match. I'm sure around the time that Latino stable Vega was in were just being jobbed out when they were used.

I think they were waiting until as late as possible before deciding whether to risk Shawn wrestling or not.

He was still part of the match as of the previous week's Raw, but I think the news that a mystery partner would be replacing Shawn was made on the pre-show or it might even have been the start of the ppv.

By that point, all the top stars in town already had a match. Savio was the best of the rest.

Edited by dopper

I think they were waiting until as late as possible before deciding whether to risk Shawn wrestling or not.

He was still part of the match as of the previous week's Raw, but I think the news that a mystery partner would be replacing Shawn was made on the pre-show or it might even have been the start of the ppv.

By that point, all the top stars in town already had a match. Savio was the best of the rest.

Plus I believe that Los Boricuas had already been used as "hired goons" for DX at that point, so there was some connection (shit as it was). It probably also helped that Savio used to do those crazy barbed-wire and blood matches in Puerto Rico so was more than happy having a hardcore match against the likes of Funk and Cactus.

• Paid Members

They knew full well before the night Shawn wasn't wrestling and that Savio would replace him. Them building it up during the pre-show was just a shameless attempt to increase buys for No Way Out. They could have easily put Goldust in there instead of Savio. Goldust was a way bigger name than him at the time. Announcing Goldust on the pre-show would have been far better than what they did.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
They knew full well before the night Shawn wasn't wrestling and that Savio would replace him.

Yeah. Shawn went to get looked at immediately after the Rumble and was told "you're done", and didn't wrestle between then and 'Mania.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
why did Tatanka leave the E in 95/96. was he released? it just seems weird that he left after being a stong upper midcard player whereas deadwood of the time such as billy gunn stuck around

Get out. The Smoking Gunns were perennial tag team champions at the time of Tatanka's demise, they were far from deadwood.

Tatanka had fell significantly down the pecking order after Ted acquired the Kid, then Austin. He had gained a fair bit of weight and was mostly used for putting babyfaces over in the first quarter of '96 and they likely assumed nobody would miss him. They were right.