UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
I only watch WWE sporadically these days, could anyone tell me how long Michael Cole has been cheering for Daniel Bryan, as when he first turned heel and I was watching he was still burying him.

Started just before Wrestlemania and built gradually. It's been very subtle and well-done, perhaps even moreso than the turn itself.

I was going to post this in the Progress thread but I don't want to put something that seems antagonistic in it so, was the first Progress show any good? I know it got good reviews but, well, their wanky name, lame hype video and the bit about "we're not PG but we don't have blood or gore" puts me off them a bit. I was thinking about giving it a go but I'm wary it might not be to my tastes. Is it super serious?

Edit: I was a bit harsh the first time.

Edited by Vamp

Does anybody remember an LAW - Live Action Wrestling - on the Wrestling Channel around 2003 and is it still running today? It was the only thing I really enjoyed on there - it had a good mix of visiting stars (I'm sure Jeff Hardy made a few appearances), good workers and fun gimmicks. It may have been based in Memphis as Jerry Lawler did commentary.

EDIT: Actually, 2003 was probably a little early. Maybe 2005?

Edited by DeanoTheGame

• Paid Members
I was going to post this in the Progress thread but I don't want to put something that seems antagonistic in it so, was the first Progress show any good? I know it got good reviews but, well, their wanky name, lame hype video and the bit about "we're not PG but we don't have blood or gore" puts me off them a bit. I was thinking about giving it a go but I'm wary it might not be to my tastes. Is it super serious?

it wasn't super serious - it was fun.

It's definitely worth checking out for the opener and Zack Sabre Jr vs Marty Scurll.

it wasn't super serious - it was fun.

It's definitely worth checking out for the opener and Zack Sabre Jr vs Marty Scurll.

Ah good to know, I might check out the second show then.

Does anybody remember an LAW - Live Action Wrestling - on the Wrestling Channel around 2003 and is it still running today? It was the only thing I really enjoyed on there - it had a good mix of visiting stars (I'm sure Jeff Hardy made a few appearances), good workers and fun gimmicks. It may have been based in Memphis as Jerry Lawler did commentary.

I remember them and remeber they has Bagwell Steiner Luger on a regular basis. Always looked like a little promotion with a big feel. Even at the time of broadcast info on them was limited. They dont even appear on Cage Match.de which is usually quite a comprehensive list of promotions

I remember them and remeber they has Bagwell Steiner Luger on a regular basis. Always looked like a little promotion with a big feel. Even at the time of broadcast info on them was limited. They dont even appear on Cage Match.de which is usually quite a comprehensive list of promotions

I really liked their stuff - it was mainly ex-WCW guys doing shortish tv matches but I enjoyed it. I think it was a bit of a vanity project of some wrestling fan, so it was only ever occasional promoted shows.

Is the Big Show's current babyface run the longest he's had since he was a heel?

I dunno, but I'm going to try and remember all of his turns.

February 1999: Debuted as a heel enforcer for the Corporation.

March 1999: Turned babyface and opposed the Corporation.

June 1999: Big Show turned heel after losing to Kane (I think?).

September 1999-ish: Big Show turned babyface, can't remember how.

January 2000: Big Show turned heel, something to do with The Rock and the Royal Rumble.

April 2000: Turned babyface doing the impressions gimmick.

Summer 2000: Turned heel on Undertaker, joined Shane McMahon's short-lived stable, then got sent to fat camp.

Summer 2001: Babyface because he was in the WWF.

Spring 2002: Turned heel on Austin and joined the NWO.

October 2004: Turned babyface to feud with Kurt Angle.

July 2006: Turned heel on Rob Van Dam to win the ECW title.

April 2008: Turned babyface because of WrestleMania hype.

September 2008: Turned heel on Undertaker.

April 2010: Turned babyface on The Miz.

Yep, this is the longest run as a face.

Is the Big Show's current babyface run the longest he's had since he was a heel?

I dunno, but I'm going to try and remember all of his turns.

February 1999: Debuted as a heel enforcer for the Corporation.

March 1999: Turned babyface and opposed the Corporation.

June 1999: Big Show turned heel after losing to Kane (I think?).

September 1999-ish: Big Show turned babyface, can't remember how.

January 2000: Big Show turned heel, something to do with The Rock and the Royal Rumble.

April 2000: Turned babyface doing the impressions gimmick.

Summer 2000: Turned heel on Undertaker, joined Shane McMahon's short-lived stable, then got sent to fat camp.

Summer 2001: Babyface because he was in the WWF.

July 2006: Turned heel on Rob Van Dam to win the ECW title.

April 2008: Turned babyface because of WrestleMania hype.

September 2008: Turned heel on Undertaker.

April 2010: Turned babyface on The Miz.

Yep, this is the longest run as a face.

Thanks for that Pity.

Fucking hell, I'd forgotten half of those turns in all honesty. I also thought he'd been babyface this time for a much longer period but I suppose it is fairly extended as far as Big Show is concerned. I don't think I'd want to see him as a heel again, he's just so likeable!

• Paid Members

He also turned babyface for about two weeks post nWo. He saved someone from 3 Minute Warning and Bischoff traded him to Smackdown for being a useless cunt.

Here he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY7Otg486Dc

Edited by The_BarbarIAN