UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

The three notable incidents being at SummerSlam, the much-wanked over Action Zone title match against Razor/Kid, and at Survivors.

My prevailing memory of the inception of superkick-as-finisher is when he and Davey had their fairly long match on Raw, and when he surprised Smithers with it for the pin, Vince acted like Shawn had pulled a shotgun out, as lethal as "that kick!1" was meant to be. Of course, soon they started referring to as "Sweet Chin Music" and eventually Shawn started his foot stomping routine, both elements I thought were gay as fuck.

• Paid Members

Wrestlemania VI, What was the deal with the Hart Foundation downing the Bolsheviks in 20 seconds?

and to a lesser extent Bossman beating Akeen in under 2 minutes.

Two fueds heading into the event, the biggest WWF event of the year, and the payoff is nothing more than a squash match.

• Paid Members

The Harts were going into a tag title match at SummerSlam 90 and needed a strong win. And there was 14 matches on the card that year, so a few had to be chopped off. The Bullshovics couldnt go anyway, by that point, so a squash was just what the doctor ordered. The main tag team match was Demolition vs Andre and Haku anyway. The Harts looked great at that event looking back. The fans went nuts for them. They just gave them a good kicking and then pinned them.

And Boss Man and Akeem didnt need to go more than that anyway. Akeem was on the way out soon, and the big story of that match was the Ted DiBiase feud. Akeem was just fodder for Boss Man.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
Is there any agile fat bastards out there on the Indy scene who are doing the old Vader "He's fat, but he flies!" routine just now? If not, are there any particular guys could see stepping into Vader's shoes?

Nothing like Vader in terms of ring style, but CMLL luchador Valiente used to be the best fat boy flyer in the world:

376px-BALIENTE.jpg

He was owner to

. I say "used to be", and "was", since in the last couple of years he has transformed from the doughy tubster above to this:

valientenewlook.jpg

• Paid Members
How did Goldust turn babyface? I've never really seen the TV between SummerSlam 1996, when he dropped the belt to Ahmed and the start of 1997, when he's chasing HHH for the belt.

Triple H wanted to give Marlena one up her, and then Jerry Lawler asked him if he was a queer, Goldie certainly was not and smacked Lawler and then went into his angle with Triple H which also featured a blink and you'll miss it appearance of Mr. Hughes.

• Paid Members
Does anyone have a history of WWE TV classifications? I'm going through 1998 Raw and I didn't realise it was PG back then.

When they went to two hours in 1997, the two hours (Raw Is War & Warzone) were classified as two different shows. I'm sure the second hour had a different rating back then, PG-13 or whatever the TV equivalent is.