UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Just seen 'Future Wrestling' is on one of the obscure Sky Channels again.

It features a card held in what looks like a pub that has Martin Kirby v Cameron Kraze, Stixx and others on it.

Anyone who's seen it know where/when this show was held?

The show was from BHW (British Hybrid Wrestling), who run in Syston, Leicestershire. Date? Dunno...

• Paid Members
Was going to ipw:uk 2006-8 ,guessing they've given up the game. But what happened to JC Thunder, Paul Robinson, Ashley Reed and Andy Simmons? I know Andy got injured badly.

I think Paul Robinson does the London School of Lucha Libre.

What exactly happened to Andy Simmons?

From what i recall, he's taken a bit of time away from wrestling as he also runs his own business (of which i couldnt tell you). He did pop up on a few shows last year but nothing much.

A shame really as hes a really talented guy, IPW:UK should get him back asap!

Did WWE (then WWF) use some kind of voice altering technology for promos cut by Nailz in 1992? It sounds like there is weird effect over his voice in the interviews.

He did he used a voice scrambler.

Nailz in WWF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUw5CaA53G8...;feature=colike

Whiney voiced Nailz in New England Wrestling Federation

Edited by moofasa

What are the dates of the WCW that was recorded over here around 2000? Are they worth downloading? Thanks

Nitro was recorded on Friday 10th November and aired on Monday 13th.

Thunder was recorded on Sunday November 12th and aired on Wednesday 15th.

I went to the Thunder taping and don't remember anything great coming out of it, but Lance Storm won the US Title from Hugh Morrus at the Nitro taping.

What was the story behind Giant Haystack's WCW stint in 96? Fit Finlay showed up around the same time and Brookside/Dean worked the B shows that year so there was obviously some sort of UK link behind the scenes but as far as I can recall WCW hadn't toured the UK since the Hulkamania tour in 94 so it all seems a bit out of nowhere.

What was the story behind Giant Haystack's WCW stint in 96? Fit Finlay showed up around the same time and Brookside/Dean worked the B shows that year so there was obviously some sort of UK link behind the scenes but as far as I can recall WCW hadn't toured the UK since the Hulkamania tour in 94 so it all seems a bit out of nowhere.

I think Brookside and Dean were signed in 1997 after they debuted in NJPW for the Jr's tourney.