UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Hello,

I bought TNA tickets a while back, they were delivered some time ago and I thought they were good seats, Row B, one up fropm last year.

Then I check the website and arena seating, turns out B is at the back, this is only in the section I'm seated, all other sections, B is second row. Any ideas on who I ring to confirm it? It's the show in Nottingham.

• Paid Members
Hello,

I bought TNA tickets a while back, they were delivered some time ago and I thought they were good seats, Row B, one up fropm last year.

Then I check the website and arena seating, turns out B is at the back, this is only in the section I'm seated, all other sections, B is second row. Any ideas on who I ring to confirm it? It's the show in Nottingham.

The venue?

• Paid Members
Yeah, but wasn't WWF selling those tickets for $10?

Never heard that before, only knew the bit about PS. Still impressive I think but makes PS's criticism of EB a bit dafter.

How? His criticism was justified, because the WWF was running a big stadium for vanity reasons, not financial ones, to hide the battering they were getting from WCW. He was actually spot on about the WWF's reasons for running the building. They wanted it packed, and they couldn't do that so they gave away tickets in a building that needed an occassion at the time, in the champions home town and the tickets were the same prices as a independent event. If they were going to run a big building, they should have done it at WrestleMania. And surely the fact WWF was forced into this move to prove Bischoff wrong showed how much of a kicking they were taking, to even take notice and do such a move.

• Paid Members
Yeah, but wasn't WWF selling those tickets for $10?

Never heard that before, only knew the bit about PS. Still impressive I think but makes PS's criticism of EB a bit dafter.

How? His criticism was justified, because the WWF was running a big stadium for vanity reasons, not financial ones, to hide the battering they were getting from WCW. He was actually spot on about the WWF's reasons for running the building. They wanted it packed, and they couldn't do that so they gave away tickets in a building that needed an occassion at the time, in the champions home town and the tickets were the same prices as a independent event. If they were going to run a big building, they should have done it at WrestleMania. And surely the fact WWF was forced into this move to prove Bischoff wrong showed how much of a kicking they were taking, to even take notice and do such a move.

Read it again, Ian. I was criticising PS, not EB.

• Moderators

$5? Fucking hell. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a loss on the house then. I suppose that raises a question of whether it's worth taking a loss on the house to look super big time on the super rare occasion.

Edited by ButchReedMark

Which wrestling company and in what period has had the most kings on the roster at one time? I'd imagine it was the WWF that time in 1998 when they brought Mabel back for a night and did a king of kings 4-way, and Jerry Lawler was there. But at that time, I don't think Owen or HHH were playing any kind of gimmick to do with being a king of the ring, nor was "king" in their nicknames of the time. And Mabel wasn't on the roster really then. WWE has usually had three on the go at a time lately, with Lawler, "King of Kings" HHH, and the latest KOTR (Regal/Booker/Sheamus). But has there ever been a time/promotion to beat it?