UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
No, Mania was his last match.

No, right you are, I was thinking he was in a tag match on the following smackdown, but he just got involved in the no 1 contenders match between Christian and Del Rio. Apologies!

Quick one: who decides which 'from the vault' match is used on Smackdown by Sky Sports as a filler to plug in the gaps left by the US adverts? Is it Sky Sports or do the WWE specify/supply a match to be used?

I think they use it on other international versions as well, so it must be WWE. Although I don't know that for sure, so this is a bit of a Dillkid-esque response.

• Paid Members

Better late than never, re : Steiners debate.

Their appearances in the bingo hall were (IIRC) in the summer of 1995, making it rather moot whether or not there were any no-compete clauses in their contracts regarding ECW. They didnt show up back in WcW until early 1996. They had left the WWF, as mentioned previous, in April 1994 shortly after Scotty had lost a King of the Ring qualifier to IRS.

In his shoot interview, Ric Flair mentions how he found Rick Rude to be unprofessional and was "the only guy" he ever worked with in an "impiared" state. I find this rather unlikely given that Flair wrestled many matches with wrestlers of questionable reputations such as Terry Gordy, all the Von Erichs, Buzz Sawyer and RoadWarrior Hawk among others, also, other than Rude allegedly being angry about Bobby Heenan stealing his heat, I've never heard anyone with anything but good things to say about Rude.

I'm guessing Flair has some other beef with Rude which wasn't mentioned. Has anyone got any ideas?

Edited by fraserbee

• Awards Moderator
I think they use it on other international versions as well, so it must be WWE. Although I don't know that for sure, so this is a bit of a Dillkid-esque response.

Cheers Pitkid. I was just curious as many of the matches they show are crap and/or have no relevance to wrestlers currently involved in decent storylines (in some cases, they involve people no longer working there), so it just seems like it's an enie-meanie-minie-mo in the studio ten minutes before the show comes on.