UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
When Shawn Michaels was out with an injured knee in summer 1990, did Marty Jannetty have any really good singles matches in that time period?

None that stand out. He mainly did singles against one of the scheduled opponents, or teamed with Shane Douglas as a replacement.

When Shawn Michaels was out with an injured knee in summer 1990, did Marty Jannetty have any really good singles matches in that time period?

None that stand out. He mainly did singles against one of the scheduled opponents, or teamed with Shane Douglas as a replacement.

There was one notable match from that period that made TV I think, vs Paul Roma at MSG. It might even have made it onto a VHS release. Not must-see or anything, but still pretty good.

Shawn Michaels tended to get all the good matches when they were involved in singles. Would've been nice to see Jannetty getting those kind of matches too, vs the likes of Flair, Perfect and Dibiase.

• Paid Members

I seem to recall a match with Pat Tanaka that ended with a nasty sitout tombstone on one of the home releases taped (I believe) at MSG which was pretty good.

Of course, the king of "while in the Rockers" Marty singles matches is the one with The Model off Greatest Hits.

I seem to recall a match with Pat Tanaka that ended with a nasty sitout tombstone on one of the home releases taped (I believe) at MSG which was pretty good.

Of course, the king of "while in the Rockers" Marty singles matches is the one with The Model off Greatest Hits.

Yeah, that was class. Was going to mention that to balance it out somewhat, only Shawn had arguably an even better match on the very same show vs Kato.

What Model match is that on the tape, the Survivor Series 90 build up show? There was one i was desperate to see fromPrime Time late 91 vs the Model which went to a 20 minute draw. When i finally did see it, i was a bit pissed to find it was joined in progress and only the last 5 minutes aired. :(

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
What Model match is that on the tape, the Survivor Series 90 build up show?

The very same, taped October 29th to air on said special on November 18th. Great ten minute match.

The very same, taped October 29th to air on said special on November 18th. Great ten minute match.

Ah, was hoping there was maybe another one out there I wasn't aware of to add to my 'still to see' list - currently comprising the Al Snow and Shane Douglas matches from SMW and ECW.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that was class. Was going to mention that to balance it out somewhat, only Shawn had arguably an even better match on the very same show vs Kato.

Sorry, wasn't sure if I was misreading this - if the Marty vs Martel match you are refferring to was from before Survivor 90, the Shawn vs Kato match can't have been the same night (as in the same taping) can it? Kato didn't turn up until early 91, I thought - it was definately Sato & Tanaka at the Survivor Series that year.

• Paid Members
Kane has had a powerbomb as a finisher in at least one or two wrestling games. Did he ever in real life?

Yeah. It was around 2000/2001 I think. He did the falling powerbomb, which turned up on a few games. I remember he'd do it on Heat and Smackdown. I cant remember him ever doing it on a PPV.

You can see him doing it to D-Von here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGwweOWtH5Y

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Kane has had a powerbomb as a finisher in at least one or two wrestling games. Did he ever in real life?

Randomly came to my mind that he once beat one of Kaientai on Heat during a tag match with it. The commentator called it a Last Ride though if I remember correctly. Unsure whether he used it at all apart from that occasion but he definitely did that one time.

Edited by UK-Joe

• Paid Members
Sorry, wasn't sure if I was misreading this - if the Marty vs Martel match you are refferring to was from before Survivor 90, the Shawn vs Kato match can't have been the same night (as in the same taping) can it? Kato didn't turn up until early 91, I thought - it was definately Sato & Tanaka at the Survivor Series that year.

You are misreading it. The Michaels/Kato match he was referring to was the same night as a Jannetty/Tanaka match at MSG I also mentioned in the quoted post.

Sorry, I was meaning the Shawn/Kato match was the same night as Marty/Tanaka that Air_Raid mentioned. It would've been around the time of Wrestlemania 7.