Official Darts Thread

Dai

When was the last time Taylor felt the need to say sorry? I ask as I can't remember.

I can't recall him ever saying sorry.

Thanks for answering my question.

Wade came across worse than Taylor in my opinion. Unless the camera missed it briefly, it didn't even look he even acknowledged MVG for the 9-darter and then the loose handshake at the end was just as poor and pretty classless. Depression or not he is a sore loser and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Yeah I forgot to bring that up. In the other 9-darters I've seen, the opponent congratulated the player who scored it in some way but Wade didn't.

Wade came across worse than Taylor in my opinion. Unless the camera missed it briefly, it didn't even look he even acknowledged MVG for the 9-darter and then the loose handshake at the end was just as poor and pretty classless. Depression or not he is a sore loser and nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Worse? No. Just as bad? Probably. I don't see how it can be percieved as worse.

See I can let Wade off, but understand why others do not.

It was in the middle of a match with the game still up for grabs, he should have clapped or acknowledged MVG more, but he was more indifferent than hostile.

If the crowd boo Taylor, he may walk off.

He is very sensitive to the crowd, he recently walked of in Holland when fans chanted "you fat bastard" at him under the logic "I have lost weight" missing the fact he was still fat! Story here - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-...-151956067.html

He will blame the crowd if he loses as well, like he did when some fan landed near him in the UK open and security intervened. Taylor claimed "he almost killed me" :laugh:

You would think I was making this up.

Edited by jimufctna24

Of course. The BDO has the old school feel about it, and the crowd isn't full of wankers like a lot of the PDC crowds. Also always an open field so can be a lot more competetive and get a lot of good younf darts players in it. The standard can be shocking but you get some good games.

MVG, even though he was averaging over 100, just wasnt power scoring like he has been. Taylor, as much as a cunt as he is, really turned it on for the final, and definately peaked at the right time. He has the bottle, in the same way Wade and Lewis does, in that he always seems to hit the finishes at the critical times. Thats why he won something like 4 sets 3-2. MVG could have been 4-0 up. Shame.

I can also let Wade off for no selling the 9 darter. Hes done it before when Taylor hit two in one game. Absolutley right to do so when in the middle of the game. He ended up winning that set, too, so its fair enough.

Well the line up for the 2013 Premier League Of Darts has been announced, along with the news that it has been expanded from 8 players to 10.

Phil Taylor - reigning and six-time Premier League Darts champion

Adrian Lewis - two-time World Champion

James Wade - 2009 Premier League Darts champion

Michael van Gerwen - 2012 World Grand Prix champion

Simon Whitlock - 2012 European Champion

Andy Hamilton - 2012 Premier League Darts semi-finalist

Wes Newton - 2012 European Championship finalist

Raymond van Barneveld - five-time World Champion

Gary Anderson - 2011 Premier League Darts champion

Robert Thornton - 2012 UK Open champion

Full article here on official PDC site