Official Darts Thread

Dai

Thought we were going to see something special there.

Gary Anderson had Dennis Priestley on the ropes big time, but like any guy with his experience, he just kept going and going and Anderson wasn't able to keep it up, making for a nerve racking sixth set which Anderson wound up taking to make it 4-2.

Been some good stuff in the last couple of days.

If things go as they have been going, Anderson will do to Barneveld what he has done to the rest.

You're right about Webster vs. Taylor as well, but I suppose it depends what Taylor turns up as well. If he suddenly finds his game, and he's obviously capable, then Webster will be in for a bad night.

Adi Lewis has been in great form so far. Hes been overshadowed by Anderson, but hes still been very impressive. Should beat VDV, as well. Quarter finals look very sweet as well; Webster/Taylor, VDV/Lewis and Anderson/Barney should all be crackers.

I also think Mardle is wank. Mardle/Waddel did Lewis/Thornton, and it was fucking horrible. Think he must have saw Flintoff getting excited at the 180's, and thought he had to do it as well. Annoying.

Adi Lewis has been in great form so far. Hes been overshadowed by Anderson, but hes still been very impressive. Should beat VDV, as well. Quarter finals look very sweet as well; Webster/Taylor, VDV/Lewis and Anderson/Barney should all be crackers.

I also think Mardle is wank. Mardle/Waddel did Lewis/Thornton, and it was fucking horrible. Think he must have saw Flintoff getting excited at the 180's, and thought he had to do it as well. Annoying.

The Newton v Jenkins QF was brilliant I thought, Newton had his chances and blew it. Lewis was very good against VDV, but then again VDV could hardly hit a double early on. I fancy Webster to cause and upset tonight, dunno why, I just reckon he's got a chance. And of course, I hope he fucking beats that twat.

And I agree with Mardle being a shit commentator. Heard him on the first QF, and he was obviously trying to be a cross between Waddell and Flintoff, going all out for the wacky sayings. I didn't mind Freddie as an occasional comm going a bit crazy, but I hope Mardle doesn't become a regular, he's not a patch on Lanning. And he really does sound like Harrington.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

The pro-Wolfie diatribe on the Beeb is as bad as the pro-Taylor schtick that you get with Sky. Despite Douglas being known as 'The Game' and walking out to Triple H's music, this match is a tough watch.

Wolfie looked down and out before West capitulated against him. Put a couple of quid on Martin Phillips at 25/1 before the tournament began for the title and he looked good against Mark Barilli. Also nice to see that 'the low rent Wolfie' that is Ross Montgomery failed as per usual in front of the TV cameras.

• Paid Members
barney not happy with a idiot in the crowd, anderson didn't look to happy either.

Any idea what was said? Barney looked like he just could get get to the doubles in time, no matter what he tried.