Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thought we were going to see something special there.

 

Gary Anderson had Dennis Priestley on the ropes big time, but like any guy with his experience, he just kept going and going and Anderson wasn't able to keep it up, making for a nerve racking sixth set which Anderson wound up taking to make it 4-2.

 

Been some good stuff in the last couple of days.

Posted
Mensur Suljovic was immense tonight against James Wade! Get in!

love that guy, very very slow player and kicks like a mule

 

what a fantastic game of darts by smith and king, smith totally deserved to go throught 3-3 / 3-1

  • Paid Members
Posted

Anyone know why Mardle hasnt played in this years Worlds? Is he still not got enough or did he fail to qualify ?.

 

He definitely needs to consider commentating after he retires because he's great!

Posted

Mardle has been doing my head in. He's like an exaggerated Rod Harrington. And that guy's a cunt. I think I'd be able to stand him beside someone a bit less irritating though, but not beside Sid.

 

Mardle improved towards the end of the year but it wasn't enough. He came VERY close to qualifying.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Two awesome matches tonight so far. Van Der Voort/Whitlock was a tremendous clash of styles. Barney's just shown all the bottle in the world when it mattered. What a guy.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I cant wait for Anderson/Barney. Hopefully it will live up to the expectation. Even Taylor/Webster should be good, if Webster plays the board and not the Powah.

Posted

If things go as they have been going, Anderson will do to Barneveld what he has done to the rest.

 

You're right about Webster vs. Taylor as well, but I suppose it depends what Taylor turns up as well. If he suddenly finds his game, and he's obviously capable, then Webster will be in for a bad night.

Posted

Adi Lewis has been in great form so far. Hes been overshadowed by Anderson, but hes still been very impressive. Should beat VDV, as well. Quarter finals look very sweet as well; Webster/Taylor, VDV/Lewis and Anderson/Barney should all be crackers.

 

I also think Mardle is wank. Mardle/Waddel did Lewis/Thornton, and it was fucking horrible. Think he must have saw Flintoff getting excited at the 180's, and thought he had to do it as well. Annoying.

Posted (edited)
Adi Lewis has been in great form so far. Hes been overshadowed by Anderson, but hes still been very impressive. Should beat VDV, as well. Quarter finals look very sweet as well; Webster/Taylor, VDV/Lewis and Anderson/Barney should all be crackers.

 

I also think Mardle is wank. Mardle/Waddel did Lewis/Thornton, and it was fucking horrible. Think he must have saw Flintoff getting excited at the 180's, and thought he had to do it as well. Annoying.

 

The Newton v Jenkins QF was brilliant I thought, Newton had his chances and blew it. Lewis was very good against VDV, but then again VDV could hardly hit a double early on. I fancy Webster to cause and upset tonight, dunno why, I just reckon he's got a chance. And of course, I hope he fucking beats that twat.

 

And I agree with Mardle being a shit commentator. Heard him on the first QF, and he was obviously trying to be a cross between Waddell and Flintoff, going all out for the wacky sayings. I didn't mind Freddie as an occasional comm going a bit crazy, but I hope Mardle doesn't become a regular, he's not a patch on Lanning. And he really does sound like Harrington.

Edited by Sergio Bellend
Posted

The pro-Wolfie diatribe on the Beeb is as bad as the pro-Taylor schtick that you get with Sky. Despite Douglas being known as 'The Game' and walking out to Triple H's music, this match is a tough watch.

 

Wolfie looked down and out before West capitulated against him. Put a couple of quid on Martin Phillips at 25/1 before the tournament began for the title and he looked good against Mark Barilli. Also nice to see that 'the low rent Wolfie' that is Ross Montgomery failed as per usual in front of the TV cameras.

  • Paid Members
Posted
barney not happy with a idiot in the crowd, anderson didn't look to happy either.

 

Any idea what was said? Barney looked like he just could get get to the doubles in time, no matter what he tried.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...