Keith Houchen Posted July 26, 2010 Posted July 26, 2010 The European Championship on Bravo is to be presented by Dave Gorman and... JAMES RICHARDSON! This is going to be fucking spectacular. That's fucking great news. Butch, remember my mate Scott Rand? Taylor has been talking to him on the circuit offering him advice. Ain't spoke to Scott since he played in Vegas but I'll see him at my wedding in 3 weeks and see what was said. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted July 26, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2010 I just want to see him sit outside an Cafe trying to interview Steve Beaton with a handful of Italians humming the Planet Funk music in the background. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted November 10, 2010 Posted November 10, 2010 Grand Slam of Darts kicks off this weekend, and the draw for the group stages is as follows: Group 1 Simon Whitlock Colin Osbourne Robert Thornton Dave Chisnall Group 2 Gary Anderson Wayne Jones Mark Webster Mark Hylton Group 3 Mervyn King Terry Jenkins John Henderson Stacey Bromberg Group 4 James Wade Van Der Voort Tony O'Shea Justin Pipe Group 5 Adrian Lewis Co Stompe Scott Waites Martin Phillips Group 6 Raymond Van Barneveld Colin Lloyd Darryl Fitton Tricia Wright Group 7 Paul Nicholson Ronnie Baxter Steve Beaton Arron Monk Group 8 Phil Taylor Wes Newton Ted Hankey Michael Van Gerwen Undoubted highlight is the Taylor vs Hankey match from Group 8. I'll be having a sly bet on Dave Chisnall to take this, as I see him qualifying from his group along with Whitlock (Thornton is very hit and miss these days, and the Imposter Wizard can't perform on TV). Although really can't see past the usual suspects of Taylor, Wade, King etc. For those who haven't heard of him, Arron Monk is the son of Colin, and is someone big things is expected from in years to come. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 10, 2010 Moderators Posted November 10, 2010 My heart says Steve the Bronzed Adonis, but my head says Phil Taylor. Taylor vs Hankey will be great value for Hankey's inevitable nervous breakdown on the oche and a repeat of "IF THIS IS DARTS, YOU CAN KEEP IT!" and punching the board while sweating profusely. Does Aaron Monk do that weird thing with his mouth that his dad did? Quote
Magnum Milano Posted November 11, 2010 Posted November 11, 2010 Does Aaron Monk do that weird thing with his mouth that his dad did? Nah, Monk Jr. can actually throw darts without opening his mouth, unlike his father who resembled a fish every time he released his arrows. Quote
The Cum Doctor Posted November 11, 2010 Posted November 11, 2010 Mick McGowan is another one who does the mouth thing isn't he ? I think Group A for the GSoD looks amazing btw. Quote
Baz Windham Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 Been some cracking games on this afternoon and the BDO boys are holding there own nicely. Waites/Stompe was a great opener, Fitton was unlucky not to win after that marvelous 180, 130 finish. That Arron Monk looked good and like Fitton he was unlucky not to nick it. Hankey and Phillips winning were shocks, Phillips looked as good as he did in the BDO World if not better, I love his no nonsense way of playing. Quote
The Cum Doctor Posted November 14, 2010 Posted November 14, 2010 Phillips winning didn't shock me one bit. He's quite clearly a brilliant player. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 14, 2010 Moderators Posted November 14, 2010 I reckon Martin Phillips will be worth a crafty fiver for the BDO's in January. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 Hankey and Phillips winning were shocks, Phillips looked as good as he did in the BDO World if not better, I love his no nonsense way of playing. I didn't think Ted winning was much of a shock. The guy clearly learned from last year, got his head screwed on right and didn't react or play up to any of the nonsense from the crowd. I thought Phillips would do OK, but I certainly didn't expect him to beat Lewis, and do it so comprehensively and play so well. How well the BDO boys have been performing is a real nice surprise. I think they really need to axe the women from the tournament though. They clearly only had them as a way to get Anastasia in, and to get her some exposure. They got their victory when she beat Vincent last year, and now she hasn't qualified I really don't see what having Stacy Bromberg and Tricia Wright in actually adds to the event. Quote
Baz Windham Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 You look at Newton vs Hankey before the game though and Newton has been in great form and Hankey had a hissy fit last year. As soon as it started you could tell it was going to be a different story. I think Hankey could give Taylor a good game tonight if they both play how they did yesterday. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 I know Ted had been struggling in the BDO, but just felt that he would be motivated and in the right frame of mind for this tournament. We had money on him (on an accumulator that didn't come off) and believed he has too much experience in the big games for Newton, plus he has probably one of the best, most natural actions in the game (along with Beaton). Didn't see Taylor's match as I was on the train back home at that point, but it was the stand out tie of the round from the moment the draw was made. Just hoping Ted keeps everything together tonight, as you know full well Taylor will be doing all he can to get the crowd on The Count's back. Quote
Baz Windham Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 I don't really keep up with the BDO scene all year round so I've been surprised at the rankings of players like Hankey, Fitton etc. Yeah I like Hankey's action too, I seem to notice him being able to speed up and slow down his routine and action to suit the situaton more than most can as well. Quote
Phil Jones Posted November 15, 2010 Posted November 15, 2010 when is taylor vs hankey Tonight. Not sure of the exact time though. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.