Official Darts Thread

Dai

Impressed with Mervyn, just read that his dad died recently, obviously he was at every event in support of Mervyn, so it must be very hard for him. Top respect.

Blimey, didn't realise that :( Merv's father was always a fixture at any of his games and was always visible wearing his customary crown.

Great night of darts last night, and Ted vs Taylor lived up to all expectations. Baz mentioned earlier about how Hankey has the ability to speed up and slow down his action without it affecting his game and that was in clear evidence last night; slow methodical before the break but much quicker afterwards. I had my money on Ted again last night (5/1 against) although my accumulator was dead and buried by the time the match took place.

Elsewhere, both Waite vs Phillips and Beaton vs Monk Jr were very good affairs. Nothing really terrible last night, although Fitton was pretty fortunate to beat Wright 5-3 as she really should have broke him to go 4-3 up when she had darts in her hand for tops.

• Paid Members
Thought it might be worth noting that Ted Hankey has finally lost the plot at the Grand Slam. This could make for some amusing viewing for anyone who isn't watching yet.

He wasn't happy, was he? He should be used to being booed by now.

• Paid Members
Thought it might be worth noting that Ted Hankey has finally lost the plot at the Grand Slam. This could make for some amusing viewing for anyone who isn't watching yet.

He wasn't happy, was he? He should be used to being booed by now.

I missed it. What happened? Was it better than Mervyn King a few months ago?

COME ON ADONIS, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

EDIT - BEATON WINS! BEATON WINS! BEATON WINS!

Taylor moaning about the crowd, saying stuff like Hankey now. I agree with the sentiment, I don't like the shouting while throwing and the route it's going down with that but he wouldn't even care if he won and would just say get on with it. So for him to say "it's not sour grapes." Well it is really.

Edited by Baz Windham

COME ON ADONIS, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

EDIT - BEATON WINS! BEATON WINS! BEATON WINS!

Taylor moaning about the crowd, saying stuff like Hankey now. I agree with the sentiment, I don't like the shouting while throwing and the route it's going down with that but he wouldn't even care if he won and would just say get on with it. So for him to say "it's not sour grapes." Well it is really.

Spot on Baz. If he had won he wouldn't be bothered, just saying it is part of the game now, you just have to put up with it etc. To come out with the claim that he is glad he is winding his career down if this is they way darts is going, get over it Phil. I thing the booing at the oche is totally unacceptable and they need to try and do something about it (Wade received the same in his game this afternoon), but why can't Taylor just be gracious for a change? Plus, Taylor is one of the worst culprits out there for riling and winding the crowd up.

Taylor always has to find a way to make it about him wheather he wins or losers, he isnt even a good winner I remember at the event in Blackpool he wasnt happy that Barney went of for 2 mins after he lost, "not a good loser" was what Taylor said if I recall, talk about pot kettle black, yet he stormed of when Lewis beat him and didnt give a interview and last night he was a right self rightious twat

Its funny no one I know in person actually likes Taylor