If Brock leaves, how do you handle his last match?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Rumours are rife that Brock Lesnar is probably gone after WrestleMania. UFC and Bellator are both interested in him, and it seems as if he favours a return to MMA with the idea he could always come back to WWE later on. He'd be a massive star if he went back to UFC, although his best days are probably behind him. Where as Bellator is proper 1995 WCW. He'd probably murder the people they put in front of them, and they'd pay him a shit load because they are desperate to compete with UFC.

Obviously he might want to easy life and just take WWE's money offer, but if it comes to the alternative, do you keep the belt on Lesnar until WrestleMania? Or do you have Cena beat him at the Royal Rumble? And if he keeps the belt, do you still go with Roman Reigns? I dont know if its set in stone than Reigns will be the man to beat him. Do you have Bryan return and beat him. Or do you turn Brock face and put him against Rusev to replace Lesnar as WWE's unstoppable monster. Not forgetting, there's every potential you could get another Brock vs Goldberg, if Lesnar knows its his last match. That could be flat as fuck, if he doesn't put the graft in. Imagine how bad of a start that would be for Roman Reigns? Definitely a situation to watch in the next few months.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long is Reigns out for? I'd say that injury might be the best thing to happen to Reigns in the long run because he wasn't getting anywhere the near the reaction he was towards the end of the Shield

Given how hot he was before he went off filming, I'd say have Orton win the Rumble and beat Lesnar for the belt, he'll be fresh as a face now he's been a heel for just over a year and, that Smackdown match 12 years ago aside, it'd be a fresh big match for WWE

• Paid Members

The pure fact that he has previous for phoning it in while having to job in his last match means you can never rule that out. That would be a pretty poor way for Reigns to cement himself as "The Man". 

The first time around though - at Wrestlemania XX - Lesnar thought he was properly done. I don't think he ever thought he would return, hence the gigantic no compete clause he signed; and the match he put on with Goldberg reflected that. This time round, he would probably have one eye on a return somewhere down the line, and maybe that would make him want to stay on as good terms as possible with WWE and not to leave a sour taste in Triple H's mouth. 

If, in a hypothetical scenario, you could be guaranteed of Lesnar putting in a proper shift and doing the job right, I'd let Reigns take the belt off him in convincing fashion at Mania. Beating Lesnar for your first title win is much bigger than beating Cena. As great as Cena is, Cena has done that particular job a few times already. He has lost clean 2-3 times in the last 18 months or so already. Cena is a character than can lose, absorb it and bounce back no problem. Lesnar's unbeatable aura (has he lost since Triple H beat him at Mania a few years ago?) just adds so much more weight to it.

EDIT: Double post

It's a tough question. We're having to pick the person to beat the man who ended the Streak. As Spurs says, Lesnar needs to make the next star on his way out.

Assuming his last match will be at Wrestlemania 31, there are a number of options available all though none of them jump off the page or seem like a natural choice. John Cena, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose? It's a shame Randy Orton doesn't light a rocket up his arse. He could smash through the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber and then reverse an F5 into an RKO for the clean pin at Wrestlemania. I'd like to see that although you know by Wrestlemania 32 he'd be mixing it up just above the mid card again. The Rock makes no sense in the long run although it would be a mammoth match. Same goes for Austin or Undertaker. Very difficult decision to make.

Personally I would love Ambrose to be the man who beats him.

Cena: that would just be flat. They trade wins till Cena finally gets the last laugh, we already know he can do it. There is the least to gain but it is the safest option

Bryan: takes a beating before using technical skill and endurance to beat the big guy. Would be a massive win, but he just doesn't need it. Everyone loves him and he has already had his big win at Wrestlemania. I would rather Bryan take Brock the distance and come up short like Punk did.

Reigns: Big gamble. Will the match be what we hope it to be? Can he carry the ball without The Shield backing him up? He will have to go toe to toe with Brock, which could be really exciting and if it all works out will be the biggest return.

Ambrose: he is the only guy crazy enough to just go after Lesnar. They could have a great feud with some crazy brawls. Ambrose and Heyman going at it on the mic could be special as well. Ambrose would benefit from having this feather in his cap as he works best when he is after revenge. This means someone needs to fuck him over to start a fued, so there will be a few jobs over his career. Beating Brock would be like giving him a bullet proof vest, it's something he can brag about for the next ten years

• Paid Members
I'm told the pushing of Ryback is so that he will eventually dethrone the departing Lesnar.

Well, my mate told me Ryback is wrestling Hunter at WrestleMania, so that must be bollocks.

• Paid Members

If Mania is Brock's final match (for a while at least, anyway) then they've got to play this out very carefully. They've got a very rare opportunity to strap a rocket onto somebody's arse here, so they've got to pick their man very carefully.

Aside from ending the streak, beating Brock has to be the single biggest single win against you can give someone since...Goldberg perhaps? They've put so much time and made bold decisions into making Brock this unbeatable force this year: Man-handling their largest wrestler at the Rumble, ending the streak, destroying Cena.

Reigns certainly is the obvious choice, I still think they should go with him. I wonder if the push for Ryback is a contingency plan in case Reigns doesn't recover in time or the E are getting cold feet with him? I don't think Ambrose is the right choice- Reigns already has a bit of build to make him credible- hardly any losses, record equaling Survivor Series eliminations, breaking Kane's Royal Rumble eliminations record. I just hope he's ready.

Bryan, although I think would get the best match out of Brock (how fucking great would that be?), as pointed out before he's had his big moment. Plus, perhaps an even bigger reason, how many years does he have left in him? This current injury does make you wonder. It'd be wasteful to give this to him as well, it has to be someone long-term.

I'd go with Ryback in a relatively short but violent slobberknocker.  Propel Ryback into superstardom.  

Are we ever getting this Cena heel turn?  Cos face Ryback v heel Cena could be quite the Wrestlemania main event.

Archived