General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

I think that was Larry David at the start. How much money must they have thrown at him for this?

Its not a groundbreaking opinion but the idea of the film is absolutely horrific. I also thought it would be set in their prime of the 30's and 40's. The fact that its set in the present day with cameos from shitstains like Snooki is probably the only idea worse than what I thought originally.

A lot of people turn there nose up at the Stooges, but from the dozen or so shorts Ive watched (from the early days) I really enjoyed them. But this will just alienate existing Stooges fans and further turn off people that dislike the originals.

BRU-TAL!

Edit- Holy fuck, the Farrelly brothers are directing this? Did they steal their early scripts from friends who died? Their last 10 years have been pretty bleak.

Edited by Rob Lowe

so the Prometheus tyrailer has been leaked and it is certainly very familiar

LINK

quality of it is shocking though

The grammatical quality isn't too hot either.

trailertypo.jpg

I've always been confused with that rule, but I would of thought that sentence was okay.

You can use "it's" when it regards the ownership of something.

E.g. "Sarah's book."

So in this case, "it's" referring to the ownership of a "it".

Not an expert on this, but that's how I understand it to work here.

I've always been confused with that rule, but I would of thought that sentence was okay.

You might not be the best judge have grammar.

You can use "it's" when it regards the ownership of something.

Nope, you can't.

* Cough *

Edit: Oh I see what you did there. Very clever.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

I've never really understood the confusion over its and it's

IF it is a contraction of "it is" then you use an apostrophe i.e. 'It's not hard to get this right.'

IF the word is a possessive, you don't i.e. 'The cat washed its bottom.'

I think people are confusing this rule with when you use an apostrophe with nouns. So "Sarah's book" is an example of that. Where you would say something OF something (e.g Book OF Sarah) then we use 's, which is our form of the genitive case.

If the noun already has an 's' cos it's plural then you JUST add the apostrophe.

'The cat's whiskers' for one cat.

'The cats' whiskers' for two cats.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
I think that was Larry David at the start. How much money must they have thrown at him for this?

Its not a groundbreaking opinion but the idea of the film is absolutely horrific. I also thought it would be set in their prime of the 30's and 40's. The fact that its set in the present day with cameos from shitstains like Snooki is probably the only idea worse than what I thought originally.

A lot of people turn there nose up at the Stooges, but from the dozen or so shorts Ive watched (from the early days) I really enjoyed them. But this will just alienate existing Stooges fans and further turn off people that dislike the originals.

BRU-TAL!

Edit- Holy fuck, the Farrelly brothers are directing this? Did they steal their early scripts from friends who died? Their last 10 years have been pretty bleak.

Completely agree. I love the stooges, and the fact that this was originally going to be a biopic starring Benicio del Toro , Jim Carey and Sean Penn had me interested.

The final result however is going to be the usual Farrally brothers smut/shit joke fest. not that I dont like smut or shit jokes, it's just that the stooges don't need that.

They normally show some of the original stuff over Christmas on C4. Watch it. You'll be glad you did.

• Moderators
Completely agree. I love the stooges, and the fact that this was originally going to be a biopic starring Benicio del Toro , Jim Carey and Sean Penn had me interested.

The final result however is going to be the usual Farrally brothers smut/shit joke fest. not that I dont like smut or shit jokes, it's just that the stooges don't need that.

Actually, no, that's the wacky thing - it's the same script. This is the exact movie that Del Toro, Carrey and Penn were attached to. Crazy to try and picture that.

• Paid Members

Actually, no, that's the wacky thing - it's the same script. This is the exact movie that Del Toro, Carrey and Penn were attached to. Crazy to try and picture that.

Shit a brick!

adaptaion of the musical except this version has kevin nash so is instantly better.... probably

looks great and with Dwayne and Bruce it has to be better than the first

bit pointless really but i like the look of it and hope its better than the awful second one

Edited by iamtheman