General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Moderators

This isn't movie news, but it fits better here than anywhere else*

AMC have ordered a 'Preacher' pilot

Preacher's my 'thing', my 'George Lucas raped my childhood!' property that I'm all precious about, and I've spent 50% of my life imagining how I'd show run it. Not on AMC is how. The network that allowed Breaking Bad a single bleeped 'fuck' a season.

No fucking way is Preacher ever working as a movie, or as a network show on a channel that has to answer to advertisers. The religious aspect, aka the entire story, would get the protests going and the advertisers dropping in record time. It's HBO (or Netflix now, I guess) or nothing.

(*until I start another Preacher dream-casting thread)

Fuck it, Preacher dream-casting:

preacher.jpgjack-huston.jpg

preach03.giffaster-maggie-grace-2_288x288.jpg

12509.jpg028bff34d8bdc540f593b660c268f1ad_answer_4_xlarge.jpeg

1659345-saint_of_killers.jpg1HcjBPu.png

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Astro...Maggie Grace is shit and can't act. I know you fancy her but fucking hell you can't be that oblivious to her lack of talent.

Strangely, Seth Rogen seems to be attached to this Preacher project in some capacity judging by his latest tweets.

• Moderators

Holy shit, the Seth Rogan thing is super intriguing. I'm no longer appalled.

Seth Rogen ‏@Sethrogen 13h

Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.

Seven years of hard work? So from that you can infer he's been chasing the rights since the time HBO picked them up? Around the time he got the money and pull to go for it.

I'm way more hopeful than I was when the guy who did the fucking Daredevil and Ghost Rider movies was showrunning. Two Preacher fanboys who have a good handle on R-Rated comedy, and don't give a shit about blasphemy. The casting will kill me though. In my head, it's always been (?), Maggie Grace*, Knoxville and Taker. Now I've thought of Jack Huston, him too, although someone suggested Superhans for Cassidy, which is another great shout.

* hatersgonnahate-01.gif

Edited by Astro Hollywood

This will probably piss most Roger Moore fans on here off:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a5...ld-spectre.html

James Bond producer Danjaq and distributor MGM have acquired the rights to the 007 movie franchise after a lengthy legal battle.

In a legal dispute dating back to the 1960s, Danjaq and MGM reached an agreement with the estate and family of Thunderball co-writer Kevin McClory.

In a joint statement, Danjaq and MGM confirmed that the agreement between the parties was amicable.

"Danjaq and MGM have acquired all of the estate's and family's rights and interests relating to James Bond, thus bringing to an amicable conclusion the legal and business disputes that have arisen periodically for over 50 years," the companies announced.

The terms of the settlement have not yet been revealed.

McClory, who owned rights to the Thunderball story, produced the 'rogue' Bond movie Never Say Never Again in 1983 with Sean Connery as 007.

With the full Bond rights returning to MGM and Danjaq, the possibility of the spy's archnemesis Ernst Stavro Blofeld featuring in future movies could now be open.

This'll definitely happen then. Probably be Benedict Cumberbatch or someone weird.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell that looks shit.

"Look! Knobs! Cum! Artistic countryside! I'm a real film maker!"

No you're not Lars, you are an untalented twat. It's supposed to be 4 hours after the 90 minute cuts isn't it? No film should ever be that fucking long.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
Fucking hell that looks shit.

"Look! Knobs! Cum! Artistic countryside! I'm a real film maker!"

No you're not Lars, you are an untalented twat. It's supposed to be 4 hours after the 90 minute cuts isn't it? No film should ever be that fucking long.

Can't disagree with this. Lars Von Trier knows how to make absolutely beautiful films of absolute nothing. He truly is a boring bastard.

• Paid Members

I've got my hopes up far too many times about Preacher, especially when it looked like HBO were going to do it a few years ago.

I treat all news about it with skepticism now though, it's been in development hell for so long, and let's face it, I don't think it will ever work on the screen (film or TV). It's the perfect comic book, and I'd rather it just got left alone really.

Not on AMC is how. The network that allowed Breaking Bad a single bleeped 'fuck' a season.

Thats an FCC ruling, not AMC's choice. If they were to have more uses of the word 'fuck' they then fall into a different set of guidelines that mean they would become a subscription style chanell like HBO. And then chances are that Breaking bad would have disappeared after a couple of seasons rather than being the fucking awesome piece of television that it is